Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cigars?

thanks for all the info. you guys are the greatest.

The Salt and Pepper place and the place at the Ren are your best bets.
    My brother claims the dominicans are just as good or better than
    the cubans - but I don't smoke cigars and can't tell you.

It depends on your taste or preference. Dominicans are much milder where the Cubans are much more robust. It's all preference. Just because it's Cuban does not mean its better. But imho the Aruban cigars are way over priced!

You buy a hand carved & painted box of 30(Aruhiba) for $125.00, that's only $4 each? And you still have the box as a souvenir.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom & Karen View Post
    There is a small cigar store by Salt & Pepper (accross the road and north from the RIO) Probably only open in evenings. Very short walk.
    This place is very good. Right across from the Radisson. There is a row of small stores. Got a few for my Father-in-law, he said that they were great!
    Decided to take down my timer!

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny Beaches View Post
    You buy a hand carved & painted box of 30(Aruhiba) for $125.00, that's only $4 each? And you still have the box as a souvenir.

$125? What size where those cigars. Last time i looked at a box it was around $260 or something. I bought a few loose ones that were $10 per cigar. Where is the best place to buy them at the Aruhiba cigar store? Do any other places sell them?
    Last edited by arubamark; 10-05-2009 at 02:09 AM.

Mark, their on the small side 5" 1/2", but they still take time to smoke & very pleasant & mild. I got mine at the Aruhiba store at the Tam. in June.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny Beaches View Post
    Mark, their on the small side 5" 1/2", but they still take time to smoke & very pleasant & mild. I got mine at the Aruhiba store at the Tam. in June.

Excellent, thanks for that information. I will return in November to get a box. I have been wanting to bring a box home, none of my friends that smoke cigars every have one so it will definitely be different.

The place next to Salt & Pepper is Benlo Cigars, that's in Arawak Garden, Phone # 297-586-3555, GREAT little shop, good prices, run by 2 sisters, VERY nice. I will be back there end of the month, to 1st week in Nov. There have REAL Cubans and some good off brand cubans. ENJOY !!!!

Mark, there is a variety of box's, so I'm sure there will be one on display when you get home!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast