Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: cigars??

abj
    there is no way they could have missed my cigars if they actually looked at the cserrn on the x-ray machine...lol.

Bringing back cigars isn't illegal, just cuban ones made in Cuba. Cuban seeded no problem.

abj
    thats what we are talking about. cubans..

Just take the wrappers off, and they won't think anything of it. We have brought back cigars (both cuban and others). We just took off the indentifiable wrappers and put them in a ziplock and had NO problems with customs.

I find many of the Cuban cigars overrated. They can be dry and burn too hot. On the other hand, Domincan cigars have been consistently good and more reasonably priced.

Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)
    http://www.bentpage.wordpress.com/

SanNic44, try a Aruhiba, nice smooth reasonable, and made, grown on the rock!

Sunny Beaches,

Thanks for the rec. I'm partial to the Dominicans: Arturo Fuente is particularly well appreciated.

Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)
    http://www.bentpage.wordpress.com/

Talking

Yes that is a very nice cigar also!

Hi! From my own experiance, and I have a long one- I`have never been turned down with cigars at customs....Yes, agents know all the tricks, but-couple of times, I`ve been searched, and the only thing they used to tell me:enjoy them....few cigars for a personal use-not a promlem.

Aruba since 1979
    re: bringing cuban cigars back to the usa is still illegal and i beg your pardon, but do not think it prudent to imply that US CUSTOMS says "few cigars for a personal use-not a problem". I see a huge problem as a possibility. The embargo against Cuban products is still intact as i type. I would be really cautious in advising folks that there is no problem, when in fact the statement should be...."there could be a problem." My husband buys an occasional Cuban cigar while in Aruba and actually prefers the ones that Dan recommended. Us Customs officers I am sure are very wise to all of the tricks of label removal, label replacing etc... I really do not want the naive or the inexperienced traveler to think it is A-OK to bring back a few for personal use. Luck and not getting caught are a big part of the picture.
    IMO you have been lucky.
    My husband, would never be that lucky.
    Andrea
    Quote Originally Posted by bellmore View Post
    Hi! From my own experiance, and I have a long one- I`have never been turned down with cigars at customs....Yes, agents know all the tricks, but-couple of times, I`ve been searched, and the only thing they used to tell me:enjoy them....few cigars for a personal use-not a promlem.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast