Aruba Beach
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By SanNic44
  • 1 Post By brph26

Thread: Cigars

Cigars

Where is the best place to go for a good price for cigars? My husband has been trying different places. Any suggestions? Thanks

Aruba since 1979
    Best places to buy cuban cigars
    check out this thread for some cigar posts

Best Price & Knowledgeable Staff - http://www.aruhibacigars.com/ next to the Old Mill. Benjamin grows and rolls his own cigars (many as good as the Cubans) plus he has good prices on the Cubans he carries. Monte Crisco, Cohibas, etc.

Best Selection - Try Cigar Emporium in the Renaissance Mall; real Cubans kept properly. A bit pricey but a great place to see cigars you can't find other places. If Casa Del Habano (not sure that was the name) is still at Royal Plaza Mall they would fit same category, but I haven't been to that shop in years.

If you have to buy at the Hi-rise area try the Cigar Shop across the driveway from Salt & Pepper. The best price in that area but the selection has become less and less over the years. I don't care for the shop in Palm Beach Mall (way over priced) and the shop in The Village (near Senor Frogs) is filled with stale and in some cases Cuban knock-offs.

And Cafe Rembrandt is a cigar friendly place to enjoy your purchase, that also offers a good cup of Dutch coffee. But how I do still miss Amice's for that same purpose.

Good luck and enjoy.
    Aruba where the toughest question each day is "where to dine tonight".

Cigar Emporium

I stopped in to the Cigar Emporium yesterday to buy a few Monte Cristo's. Such friendly and helpful service led me to make a little video. LOTS of cigars in the humidor and all in top condition. Lighters, cutters, and other accessories as well. It was surprising to see how many people were buying BOXES of these sticks. They also do a special happy hour on Fridays with rum tasting. Nice. Here's the vid:

http://bentpage.net/2012/07/24/cigar-emporium-aruba/

Bon dia and enjoy your vices in moderation... or not.

Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)
    http://www.bentpage.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by SanNic44 View Post
    I stopped in to the Cigar Emporium yesterday to buy a few Monte Cristo's. Such friendly and helpful service led me to make a little video. LOTS of cigars in the humidor and all in top condition. Lighters, cutters, and other accessories as well. It was surprising to see how many people were buying BOXES of these sticks. They also do a special happy hour on Fridays with rum tasting. Nice. Here's the vid:

http://bentpage.net/2012/07/24/cigar-emporium-aruba/

Bon dia and enjoy your vices in moderation... or not.

Really good video and information. Kudos and thank you!

renaissance private island, iguana joe's, madame janettes..
    been going to cigar emporium for years..the girls there are great..friday happy hour they have bogo on select cigars..usally more of the high end ones..but if you buy any of the cigars not on the bogo as long as it's more than $100 worth they will give you a 20% discount every day of the week..
    scott and tricia

RubaReggae down by the ports. Just across from the bus station.
    Great little shop, amazing variety, cool people and a nice ambiance to the place, day or night.
    Mr. Ratt
    "It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got..."
    Aruba.... May 12, 2018... 3pm at the Tamarijn, see you there.
    http://www.heyoka-healing.com

The info on here is amazing! I will def check back here before we go back to Aruba. I'm sure my hubby will thank me!!

I can point you to few places

1. Garufa Cigar and Cocktail lounge on wilheminastraat in O'stad
    2. Cigar Emporium
    3. There is also a great cigar shop right on the first floor of the Renaissance Mall.

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the forum charlespe

garufa closed about a year and half ago

Quote Originally Posted by charlespe View Post
    I can point you to few places

1. Garufa Cigar and Cocktail lounge on wilheminastraat in O'stad
    2. Cigar Emporium
    3. There is also a great cigar shop right on the first floor of the Renaissance Mall.