Aruba Beach

Thread: Cuban Cigars

Cuban Cigars

I have not seen this covered here. I noticed last time at the Tam, a lady was selling Cuban Cigars at the pool one night. Anybody know if these are genuine? There is a huge counterfeit market in Cuban cigars, and it is really hard to tell if anybody but La casa Del Habano cigar are real. I know there is a Casa downtown but pool lady prices are much better (leads me to think they may be fakes)

Thoughts?

Oh Yeah! I almost forgot. As an American, I'd never buy or smoke them since that is illegal, more of a curiosity question.

Aruba since 1979
    My husband has bought them from the flea mkt sellers when they come to the Tamarijn or to Lacabana. He thinks they are probably fake.
    He also loves the Aruba Ahriba cigars that are manufactured and sold on island as well.
    As an American he has never mentioned his feelings on buying cuban cigars and smoking them out of the usa.

Probably the new regime in DC will lighten the embargo rules between the usa and cuba. i certainly hope so!

andrea

Quote Originally Posted by swagmaster View Post
    I have not seen this covered here. I noticed last time at the Tam, a lady was selling Cuban Cigars at the pool one night. Anybody know if these are genuine? There is a huge counterfeit market in Cuban cigars, and it is really hard to tell if anybody but La casa Del Habano cigar are real. I know there is a Casa downtown but pool lady prices are much better (leads me to think they may be fakes)

Thoughts?

Oh Yeah! I almost forgot. As an American, I'd never buy or smoke them since that is illegal, more of a curiosity question.

Hello all,
    I manage a Cigar Bar outside Boston. Most of the Kiosks and vendors at the resorts are selling fake. A good way to buy real is buying the cigars in the tins (tubes). The people mfg/selling the fakes do not want the extra cost to try to make a fake tubo. My suugestions is look for those or buying from the Cigar Emporium - Down town.

[/quote]Oh Yeah! I almost forgot. As an American, I'd never buy or smoke them since that is illegal, more of a curiosity question.[/quote]

Dont worry nobody is going to pull the plug on you here! I only buy cubans from reputable stores in the downtown area. I think it's called Cigar emporium or something like that. I wouldn't but a cuban from someone just walking around.

Reminds me of a quick story. After college I worked on Wall Street for about 6 years as a stock broker. As I would leave work and go to my bus stop there used to be a guy with a table full of cigars wearing a hat that said Cuban cigars. I approached him to see what his deal was. He said that he was Cuban and he hand rolled these cigars therefore calling them Cuban cigars.