Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cuban Cigars

Cuban Cigars

Can anyone tell me if you can buy Cuban Cigars in AUA and bring them back to the USA for personal use? For some reason 6 Cigars rings a bell to me.

Sorry, I don't know the rules. But (my humble opinion) Cuban cigars are overrated, especially Cohiba. Again (my humble opinion) Fuente from Dominican Republic is a better cigar, no worry about the law, and usually a better price, but still expensive.

Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)
    http://www.bentpage.wordpress.com/

Currently no cigars from Cuba are allowed in the US as well as any other products from there. Perhaps that will change in the future.

Aruba since 1979
    embargo of cuban cigars still in effect.
    none allowed back into the usa.

Aruba since 1979
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_...o_against_Cuba

here is some info re: the embargo and the history

You can buy them, you are NOT suppose to bring them back with you. I have and have never been stopped or questioned, thats not to say that they can't and won't. If they do they will take them from you. So its up to you if you want to take that chance. I usually buy a few and smoke them while I'm there. BUt a good DR is just as good, some people would never be able to tell the difference.

I brought a Aruhiba home for a friend and he said it was pretty good, as good as a cubano. Don't know if he was just being polite but if you don't want to break the law, stupid as it might be, it could be an alternative.

I know a guy that brings cubans back every year with absolutely no problems.

Dom
    As was already indicated, it is not legal to bring Cuban cigars into the US. However, most of the stores in Aruba that sell Cubans will remove the cigar bands from the cigars and put the cigars into an unmarked box. You can then mail the bands to yourself if you want to put them back on the cigars when you return to the US.
    Dom
    First visited Aruba in 1972

Aruba since 1979

per the rules of the Aruba.com community forum

Do not intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, including but not limited to any regulations having the force of law while using or accessing "Aruba.com Community Forum" or in connection with your use of "Aruba.com Community Forum" in any manner.

do folks really want to take the chance of getting in deep doo doo after a nice holiday in aruba? the us customs folks have a hard enough job, why make it any more difficult? someday, i hope the embargo is lifted.

QUOTE=Dom;184926]As was already indicated, it is not legal to bring Cuban cigars into the US. However, most of the stores in Aruba that sell Cubans will remove the cigar bands from the cigars and put the cigars into an unmarked box. You can then mail the bands to yourself if you want to put them back on the cigars when you return to the US.[/QUOTE]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast