Aruba Beach

Thread: Dairy/Egg free/Organic food stores

Dairy/Egg free/Organic food stores

Hi - we are travelling to Oranjestad with a 1.5 year old who has food allergies and are wondering if you know of any local grocery stores that would have a selection of organic/dairy/egg free produce?

Specifically, would you know if any stores carry:

1. coconut milk yoghurt
    2. organic zucchini
    3. white yams
    4. hemp milk

Realize this is outside of normal produce that stores might carry but would like to understand what we should bring vs buy on the spot.

Thanks in advance!

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum.

i have never noticed those kinds of items at the few grocery store i have been in (lings, certified and superfood)

but although i have never noticed does not mean the answer is no.

here is the LINGS website and maybe you could contact them and see what their response it. http://www.lingandsons.com/

i hope that in the event that they do not have the stuff they can at least direct you to a place that does.

you may have to bring some of this stuff in a suitcase (checked not carry on)
    you could put in a soft sided cooler loaded with cold and frozen items and providing your travels are 8 hrs or less all should arrive cold and some stuff still frozen.
    hemp milk does not need to be refrigerated until it is opened....right?

Quote Originally Posted by jlib1216 View Post
    Hi - we are travelling to Oranjestad with a 1.5 year old who has food allergies and are wondering if you know of any local grocery stores that would have a selection of organic/dairy/egg free produce?

Specifically, would you know if any stores carry:

1. coconut milk yoghurt
    2. organic zucchini
    3. white yams
    4. hemp milk

Realize this is outside of normal produce that stores might carry but would like to understand what we should bring vs buy on the spot.

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 11-15-2011 at 11:31 PM.