Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Diamond Ring

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    We have relied on Kay's for vet $10000 worth of jewelry over 20 years. I highly recommend.
    Feel free to negotiate with them!!

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    now they have two locations, right. Am I better off at the one in the high rise area?

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    We like th downtown one though it is small
    go on a non ship day

Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    now they have two locations, right. Am I better off at the one in the high rise area?

Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    We have relied on Kay's for vet $10000 worth of jewelry over 20 years. I highly recommend.
    Feel free to negotiate with them!!
    For most pieces,we've paid 34 to 38 % of asking price, or, 62-66% off. That would be earrings, bracelets, pendants; not watches, not pieces with artwork.
    Last edited by rob o; 06-18-2015 at 11:37 PM.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Aruba since 1979
    how did stuff apparaise at home?

Quote Originally Posted by rob o View Post
    For most pieces,we've paid 34 to 38 % of asking price, or, 62-66% off. That would be earrings, bracelets, pendants; not watches, not pieces with artwork.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    how did stuff apparaise at home?
    I honestly don't know. I don't shop at home 😄 , and I don't "do" jewelry for myself. (Could you picture me wearing jewelry?)

My DW and DDs get me to go when I'm in vacation mode..... My fun in all of this is the price negotiations.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

My purchases have always appraised well once I got home. The best deal was a triple stack ring with diamonds, emeralds, rubies and sapphires which appraised for double what we paid. It was from Artistic. Years ago we had success getting a diamond and emerald bracelet from Little Switzerland that appraised for more than we paid. However, we wanted to trade it this past April but they had nothing we liked or in our "lower" price range. We purchased a bracelet this year from Little Europe, at which we had never shopped. Apparently, they have been on the island 40 years, which we read about in 2 different places. I just had the bracelet looked at here at home. Although no official appraisal, the jeweler said I got a very good deal.

For me, it's not always about the deal. If I loved a piece that would be the same price at home, I would probably get it in Aruba. I think of Aruba every time I look at my bracelet. Same is true with a pinky ring I got in Chicago while there for a friend's wedding when we were young. Hubby was meeting me there as he was returning from a work trip to Vegas (tough, eh?) Anyhow, he got off his flight at Midway and handed me an envelope of his winnings from Vegas, and we ended up buying a ring that weekend. I think of that fun weekend often when looking at my ring.

We have not had luck at Colombian Emeralds. That's where I wanted to get a tennis bracelet this year, but their prices were sky high! I think they cater to the higher end customer.?.? WE, are not higher end customers.

i have over the years bought over 20,000.00 worth of jewelry in aruba. our most trusted place is Touch of Gold. they are downtown on the main road. i have even had pieces made and shipped to nj as gifts from them. definitely negotiate and do your homework BEFORE you go. I have also bought from Kays and love them. i havent mentioned it yet but on our last trip i got a new engagement ring.....blue diamond solitaire in an amazing setting. Saw the ring and fell in love with it. We bought it and i am waiting for the apraisal....which is why i havent done a review yet....lol....and we bought it from Sean Jeweler. I have to say my experience with them was great.
    Diamond Ring-ring.jpg
    Last edited by nikko; 06-21-2015 at 12:54 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12