Aruba Beach

Thread: Drug Stores

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything

Drug Stores

can anyone give me a heads up where there are drug stores, ones like CVS or Walgreen's, not strictly pharmacies. thanks!!

No such thing. You have either the supermarket, or what you would consider a mini-mart type store or a Botica (pharmacy). No U.S. pharmacy chain stores.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    thanks, then i'll check in the supermarket.

There are some things that can only be bought at the Botica and are not found in the supermarket. We looked all over last year for Pepto Bismol and ended up having to go to a Botica to buy it.

So if what you're looking for is not available in the supermarket, just go to the closest Botica and see. There is one near the hospital, one on Palm Beach Rd, and one in Noord, and I'm sure there are plenty of others, too.

Good luck.

Aruba since 1979
    ex:
    we needed some robitussion and nyquil a few yrs ago.
    dh stopped at a grocery store in aruba, went into their "health and beauty section" and was told they did not carry stuff like that and referred him to a botica.

our favorite is the botica on palm beach rd, not too far from st ann's church and caribbean palm village.

Quote Originally Posted by EHampite View Post
    There are some things that can only be bought at the Botica and are not found in the supermarket. We looked all over last year for Pepto Bismol and ended up having to go to a Botica to buy it.

So if what you're looking for is not available in the supermarket, just go to the closest Botica and see. There is one near the hospital, one on Palm Beach Rd, and one in Noord, and I'm sure there are plenty of others, too.

Good luck.

Sopranos Piano Bar, Café 080, Costa Linda
    It's worth pointing out that certain over the counter items American guests may be used to are simply not available, as pharmacies are governed by Dutch law. Many countries simply don't have pepto bismol. Others find that they can not get the pain relievers they are used to, and aren't sure they want to try Panadol instead. Assuredly, things like nasal spray differ, and you will not find sudafed.

I was really thinking of things like shampoo, mousse, that sort of thing so i don't have to take it. we are staying in an apartment so i know they won't have it there as a courtesy. i was thinking more of toiletries as opposed to medicinal. thanks

Eagle Beach, exploring the "Outback", Madi's tour to the Natural Pool , dinner at Papiamento's
    Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    I was really thinking of things like shampoo, mousse, that sort of thing so i don't have to take it. we are staying in an apartment so i know they won't have it there as a courtesy. i was thinking more of toiletries as opposed to medicinal. thanks
    All those things you should be able to find in the grocery store. Big Aloe section too!
    I broke my reading glasses and had a hard time finding some (I'm used to Stop & Shop!). The hotel had a few but not the right strength. Finally went to a Lens Crafters and found some there!

Under a hut, walking Eagle Beach, lunch on the beach, Amstel Bright Beer on the beach, coffee in the morning on the beach, taking a dip in the sea,

Thumbs up

>>> "things like shampoo, mousse, that sort of thing"
    ------ Things like that my wife and I just pack in our checked luggage. Saves time for the beach instead of going out to the markets. Never had a problem in over 20 trips.
    Now Ling and Sons is a great market but my wife like certain hair products that they just don't have. They do have some great fresh baked muffins there.
    Last edited by TomFrederick; 10-21-2010 at 12:43 PM.