Aruba Beach

Thread: Duty Free Cigarettes leaving Aruba

North Side of the island, we spend a day there alone and maybe see 4 people.

Duty Free Cigarettes leaving Aruba

The Duty Free still sells the very large "pack" of Marlboro that holds 5 cartons. The store clerks are required to tell you it is too large to enter the States and if found in customs (just down the hall) you will be required to pay a fee or surrender.
    Just a heads up. There were several who purchased when the shop was busy and they were not told, but were ahead of me in the customs line and were not stopped.
    However there were a few that were stopped and chose to surrender and lose the $100 they just paid then to pay more.

duty free cigarettes

If I remember correctly there is a twenty dollar tax on the two extra cartons of the five park. You are allowed to bring back only three cartons, and the clerks have to tell you that and I believe there is a sign also. Of course I never said anything and went right thru. I also bring back a few cigars from that other country in my suitcase, never had a problem, now I will ..LOL..... There's also that df liquor shop at the departure gates, some sweat shirts and a backpack will do it and carry it on....

your allowed 1 carton per person duty free coming back into the usa. after your 1 carton its $10 per carton in duty. some people say thats still a good deal.