Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: duty free liquor leaving Aruba

Aruba since 1979
    or stuff a bunch of bubble wrap in your suitcase and then wrap DFbooze and put in checked bags?

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    or stuff a bunch of bubble wrap in your suitcase and then wrap DFbooze and put in checked bags?
    That's basically what I did, except the DF shop had bubble wrap, so no need to take your own. My problem was that I wished there were a way to pack the bottles into a box and then check that box, but I couldn't do it because I already checked my bags by the time I got to DF, and there was as far as I know no way to check another bag/box at that point. Again, maybe I could somehow have gate-checked it, but that would have required getting the bottles through the last security checkpoint somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    Who needs bubble wrap when you have dirty clothes? We just take our bottles of Brights and wrap a piece of clothing or two around them and then spead them liberally through the middle of the suitcases. We do have hard sided luggage though.

Aruba since 1979
    we have soft sided luggage hence, bubble wrap.

Eagle Beach and love venturing out throughout the whole island
    Has the kiosh for duty free booze opened up when entering Aruba? when we first started to go to Aruba we loved picking up our booze there instead of bringing some. This would be such a great source of revenue for Aruba can't understand why they closed it down.

Word is it is gone permanently.

Baby Beach -just to be lazy and float on my raft and snorkle too
    I bring a bottle with me from NH, wrap it in bubble wrap and put it into an X- large ziplock bag. Pack it in between my clothes in the center of my suitcase. We then have the same set up for returning and buy a bottle at duty free to bring back something that we cannot get here. Ponche Cream so I can make Brown Ladies is a favorite of mine.

3 of us heading down in 18 days. We will each bring a bottle. Then buy the rest at Ling & Sons, mixers, wine, beer, more booze. We always have a bar set up in our room. Celebrate the end of each day with our own homemade cocktails, snacks, and sunset on the beach.

The countdown is on and I am so ready...
    Jill

your allowed 1ltr of anything and 1ltr of caribbean made product per person over 21 years of age. They DF person will inform you on how to pack or bring you items home.

I didn't know there was a DF booze shop in the gate area until this trip. As it is after security and customs, I would imagine that you could top off your carry on items there.

One thing about the DF booze though; the prices on the Aruban booze was higher than at the shop in the green and white building on the main street back into town. Prices on products from other islands is good compared to at home, but the Palmera rum was significantly cheaper at the shop. I'm not talking about 25 or 50 cents a bottle, more like 2-3 bucks a bottle.

I brought three big bottles and two small bottles of rum, three liters in total. Listed my Balashi in value, but not the volume (case). Next time I will probably add in a couple bottles at the DF at the gate.
    Last edited by Chadd; 11-08-2009 at 05:55 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123