Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Favorite Supermarket & Liquor Store

I use Superfood, Ling's and Price Smart. They all have different items at different prices. You can't beat the bulk prices at Price Smart. But I generally shop for 10-15 people (including two teenage boys who consume 3 normal adult portions each!)
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Aruba since 1979
    a Pricesmart membership for you actually pays for itself!
    a friend and i shared one a few years ago, but it still was not worth it to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    I use Superfood, Ling's and Price Smart. They all have different items at different prices. You can't beat the bulk prices at Price Smart. But I generally shop for 10-15 people (including two teenage boys who consume 3 normal adult portions each!)

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    a Pricesmart membership for you actually pays for itself!
    a friend and i shared one a few years ago, but it still was not worth it to us.
    No doubt!! I will reduce the amount of food I bring with us this year and hopefully reduce a whole suitcase which will already save me $50 ($25 each way) and buy things like Peanut Butter, jelly, nuts, mac & cheese there.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

We make several Price Smart runs every trip, mostly for booze and beer... The membership pays for itself over three weeks.

This just raised a whole other question for me, bringing dry goods and snacks from the states, DUH! How have I not thought of that?! I suppose I typically stay at a hotel which is why I don't do this, but we are renting a home next time...so this is not a bad idea! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    No doubt!! I will reduce the amount of food I bring with us this year and hopefully reduce a whole suitcase which will already save me $50 ($25 each way) and buy things like Peanut Butter, jelly, nuts, mac & cheese there.

Thanks everyone for the input, keep the suggestions coming!

BTW- I really love the whole grain bread baked fresh at Superfoods, all the European yogurts-so much better than in the US, the fresh stroopwaffes, chicken salami it's really good-I wish I could get it in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by yefim8 View Post
    Save a Lot, by Do it Center is good as well...just need to watch their cashiers.They tricky...
    Unfortunately, we ran into this caper at Super Food in November 2017. Looking at the receipt later, we saw a charge for a seafood salad that we didn't pick out. The total was +-$100.00 so there was no way we'd have noticed this smallish amount while checking out - and the cashier knew that. We were there late morning, the cashier got a free lunch. No two ways about it. Since then we check our receipt before leaving the store.

Aruba since 1979
    We got off topic here so i moved those posts into its own thread............In the Aruba general category. Bringing food in luggage

Where is the duty free for liquor located?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast