Aruba Beach

Thread: Finding Coecoei?

Finding Coecoei?

Hello everyone! First off, Thank you to everyone on this wonderful forum for contributing so much useful travel info for all us Aruba newbies. The tips made my recent wonderful stay that much more enjoyable. Please feel free to ask me about any details of our trip.

My girlfriend and I just returned to NJ after spending 7 amazing days in Aruba. I now understand why so many people are repeat visitors! Perfect weather, friendly locals, great drinks, amazing artwork (Mopa Mopa), easy to get around. What more could you ask for? My only regret is that I assumed I would be able to recreate my favorite drink (Aruba Ariba). Once I arrived home and began searching, I had the horrible realization that the main ingredient (Coecoei) liquor is not exported out of Aruba. Had I known, I would've purchased a few bottles before leaving for home. Now I'm in the awkward position of either trying out Coecoei tasting alternatives that are listed on the popular Aruba Ariba recipe pages or try to find the REAL deal. Does anyone know where I can get my hands on a bottle of Coecoei? Is there anyone that would be willing to ship a few bottle to the States? Of course I'd be willing to pay for all cost to purchase and ship and I would be willing to even compensate someone for the trouble. I know it sounds desperate, but I thought it would a wonderful way to surprise my girlfriend with some authentic Aruba Aribas on our upcoming anniversary this year.

Thank you for reading and for all of the useful travel tips.

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum.

honestly, i have no idea on where you can find it off aruba.
    i did a google search and there was some on ebay.........a year ago :-(

Quote Originally Posted by rataxus View Post
    Hello everyone! First off, Thank you to everyone on this wonderful forum for contributing so much useful travel info for all us Aruba newbies. The tips made my recent wonderful stay that much more enjoyable. Please feel free to ask me about any details of our trip.

My girlfriend and I just returned to NJ after spending 7 amazing days in Aruba. I now understand why so many people are repeat visitors! Perfect weather, friendly locals, great drinks, amazing artwork (Mopa Mopa), easy to get around. What more could you ask for? My only regret is that I assumed I would be able to recreate my favorite drink (Aruba Ariba). Once I arrived home and began searching, I had the horrible realization that the main ingredient (Coecoei) liquor is not exported out of Aruba. Had I known, I would've purchased a few bottles before leaving for home. Now I'm in the awkward position of either trying out Coecoei tasting alternatives that are listed on the popular Aruba Ariba recipe pages or try to find the REAL deal. Does anyone know where I can get my hands on a bottle of Coecoei? Is there anyone that would be willing to ship a few bottle to the States? Of course I'd be willing to pay for all cost to purchase and ship and I would be willing to even compensate someone for the trouble. I know it sounds desperate, but I thought it would a wonderful way to surprise my girlfriend with some authentic Aruba Aribas on our upcoming anniversary this year.

Thank you for reading and for all of the useful travel tips.
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 08-31-2012 at 05:27 PM.

The coecoei is made only local its not exported the only way is for some one to bring it for you,the same also for the Aruba Rum Palmera
    for all of your aruba tour needs! http://www.wixtours.com/