Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Fresh Seafood Market

Fresh Seafood Market

Can anyone tell me where I can buy fresh seafood other than the supermarket. Are there fish markets or plaes you can go to buy diretly from the fisherman.

Go to the docks at Barcadera, past the airport toward Pos Chiquito. About 9Am and you should be able to purchase seafood from the area fisherman. Directions are here

http://www.aruba.com/forum/f7/barcadera-docks-5672/
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    NancyG
    ~~~~~~~~~~

Thank You!!

Barcadera Docks - Fresh Seafood?

Does anyone know if the fisherman still sell their fresh seafood (lobster, crab, shrimp, clams, mussels, etc.) at the Barcadera Docks?

I have never been there, but I want to try and get there. Do they sell the seafood that I have listed? What is the best time to get there? How are the prices compared to the supermarkets?

OR

Is there another place where the fisherman sell fresh seafood near the Palm Beach area?

Regards,

I was told by a local that down the street across from Wacky Wahoo is where he goes to get fresh seafood. I have not looked for it yet.
    Eagle Beach Boy
    Ontario, Canada

You can buy fresh fish at Zeerovers in Savaneta. Don't know about the other stuff.
    Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)
    http://www.bentpage.wordpress.com/

We used to get fresh shrimp at the Barcadera every year. We haven't gone now in a couple of years out of pure laziness. Not sure what else they had since we only went for shrimp. I think it kind of depended on the day - some days they'd have alot and some days just a little.

You do need to go in the morning around 9am.

The prices were a little cheaper than the grocery stores. Last couple of years we've bought fresh shrimp at Kong Hing and have been very pleased with it.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Banned
    My swimming pool with a 7/7 or in my boat with a fishing rod looking in at Malmok.

Thumbs up

You can get it much closer to home. In Noord.

When you come from Tierra del Sol and take the main road towards Oranjestad you come to the traffic lights with the police station on your left. Just after the lights you have the church on your left and 50-100m ahead you have the guys on your right (under the tree).

(From Palm Beach, you drive inland at Wendy's and make a right at the traffic light/police).

No signs or anything, just a car or two and a table. Doesn't look too inviting at first but all the locals and Dutch locals say that it is great fish.
    They bring fresh fish in everyday directly from the boats, so doesn't getter fresher than that.

(Charcoal Grill with some home made marinade and you will be in heaven). Let me know how it taste

Carsten

Thanks for the information!

The stand that Carsten describes is in the immediate area of where I am building a home - Can't get any closer than that. I will be there next week and I will let you know about the freshness and quality of the fish.

Regards,

Question Newbie here! Looking for fresh fish and lobster.

Greetings all...I will be making my first visist to Aruba in September and wondered if there is a fishing pier or a place to buy fresh-caught local seafood. I will be staying at one of the Divi Resorts. Thanks for any info.
    Musicman

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast