Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Fresh Seafood Market

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Quote Originally Posted by Musicman View Post
    Greetings all...I will be making my first visist to Aruba in September and wondered if there is a fishing pier or a place to buy fresh-caught local seafood. I will be staying at one of the Divi Resorts. Thanks for any info.
    Musicman
    Waterfront Crab House-lobsters flown in from Boston...all other restaurants use local fish.

Aruba since 1979
    the fish counter at Lings and Sons has a great selection of grouper, snapper and wahoo and shrimp. all fresh all locally caught.

waterfront crabhouse to the best of my knowledge has their whole live lobster flown in from York and Wells area in Maine...........i have met the supplier, his name is Ed (forget his last name).
    Ed and his wife are frequent week 32, 33 and 34 CDM aruba travelers.

then again, maybe waterfront crabhouse has changed suppliers and they now buy from Boston. but ed of maine had been the supplier for years and years.

i just found out that ed of maine died in october. (added at 7:25 pm)
    andrea

Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    Waterfront Crab House-lobsters flown in from Boston...all other restaurants use local fish.
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 05-20-2009 at 08:26 PM. Reason: ed of maine

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post

Maybe I am wrong...but someone tols us that AA flies down the lobsters from boston...anyway, it doesn't matter, they're GOOOD no matter where they come from ( though, 2-3x the price at home)

YUM ! cindyo

Banned
    My swimming pool with a 7/7 or in my boat with a fishing rod looking in at Malmok.

Thumbs up

You can get it "out of a truck" from local fishermen in Noord, close to the police station.
    They are there most days with the catches of the day with their truck and table across from the graveyard.

There is also a pier in Savaneta where you can buy from the local fishermen almost every day.

Both these places requires a car/taxi to get to, but from Divi it is less than 10 minutes to the Noord location and maybe 20 min to the Savaneta location.

Good luck.

Thanks!

I appreciate the info! I plan on renting a car so a 10-20 minute drive is fantastic to find fresh caught same day fish.
    Musicman

Quote Originally Posted by Schnauzerjoy View Post
    There is also a pier in Savaneta where you can buy from the local fishermen almost every day.
    Zeerovers for fresh fish (in Savaneta):

~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --
    36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Now that looks like some fresh fish! Thanks, Amy!

Smile Fresh Fish/Shrimp

Does anyone happen to know:

IS THERE A PLACE TO GO GET FISH AND SHRIMP FROM A FISHERMAN? ARE THERE ANY LINKS ON THE INTERNET? SPECIAL DAYS ONLY?

We are going to be cooking in a few days to save $. We are bringing frozen meat from home but thought grilling fresh fish there would be yummy.

ALSO- WE ASKED BEFORE BUT I AM CURIOUS IF ANYONE HAS RECENTLY BROUGHT FROZEN MEAT FROM HOME AND WHAT THEY BROUGHT IT IN? DID ANYONE USE DRY ICE?

THANK YOU FOR LETTING US KNOW

TIM AND KATHY

We are taking frozen meat when we go in 2 weeks. This is the first time we have tried. The grocery store I purchased from is freezing them for us. Their freezer is set at - 40 F. I habe a styrofoam cooler that was previously used for shipping. As the steaks will be - 40, I do not plan on using dry ice. If flights go well, it will be 13 hours from the time we pick up the steaks until we arrive in Aruba.

As for fresh fish, the charter boats sometimes sell when they come in, usually after 11;00 AM. The going rate was about 18 AFL per kilo earlier this year. As for shrimp, they are getting harder to find. The grocery store carries them, but are quite expensive.

Where are you staying? We will be there when you arrive. Hopefully I will have more info then.
    Tom & Karen

Next Trip: Jan. 6 - April 7

Can someone please give directions to Zeerovers in Savaneta and what the best time would be to get there to buy fish? We would like to go there on our next trip. Thanks!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast