Aruba Beach

Thread: Gandelmans ??

Gandelmans ??

Have you noticed, that one of the GIANTS in jewelry business: Gendelman`s stores are note existing anymore??... They were allover the Island... now- , maybe one , or two...?????

Boca Prins, Mangel Halto & just about any spot with my little family.
    My husband and I had a VERY bad experience with them about 5 yrs back. They sold some jewlery that they marketed as real, then when I got home and had it looked at, was told it wasn't. They did eventually discover the "mistake" on their own about 11 months later and tried to make good on it, but the sales staff was so unaccomodating and unwelcoming that I left the store crying.
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

Aruba since 1979
    Had you posted about that experience when it happened?i I vaguely remember it but cannot find your posting about it. Your acct only goes back 18 mos and I can't remember your other user name to find the posting .

Quote Originally Posted by ctfirewife View Post
    My husband and I had a VERY bad experience with them about 5 yrs back. They sold some jewlery that they marketed as real, then when I got home and had it looked at, was told it wasn't. They did eventually discover the "mistake" on their own about 11 months later and tried to make good on it, but the sales staff was so unaccomodating and unwelcoming that I left the store crying.

Boca Prins, Mangel Halto & just about any spot with my little family.
    Yes I did post. My username then was probably mjn109. It was probably 4-5 yrs ago I'm thinking as I've been married 5 and the ring we bought at the store was sort of an anniversary gift signifying a re-do honeymoon we had that year in Aruba. I was afflicted with terrible sciatic pain during our honeymoon so it wasn't as blissful as we had hoped : )
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

A good lesson to everyone to always, always, always have a purchase appraised upon returning home. Make sure it is real, make sure it is at least worth what you paid for. Hopefully much more

Ctfirewife I'm sorry to hear of your bad experience. My experience with Gandelmans has been quite different. I've made a few purchases of David Yurman pieces and found them not only to be beautiful but a good value. Hopefully, they honestly did make a "mistake" in your dealings with them.