Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gluten free food

Thank you for the info. My parents are there now so I have them checking for me. I didn't want to put them out, but they know how important it is to us so they are helping out. Worst case scenario I will bring some of my own!!

Thanks for the welcome. Actually I have been on the forum for awhile, but it has been awhile and I forgot my id and password......so I set up a new one!! This is a great place to get so much info! Even if one has been to Aruba many times, there's always something new to learn!!

I was in Aruba recently and did not find a lot of gluten free items so I was glad I packed my own bread, cereal, pasta and crackers. Thankfully I was in a timeshare so it made it so much easier to prepare meals! I am also dairy, soy, corn and egg free so I was really on the lookout in the grocery stores for things I could eat. I came back to the room with a lot of fresh foods, wine, and pepperoni to go with the crackers that I brought. Good luck!!

Thank you so much for that info! That really helps! I was planning on bringing my own bread for sure (I didn't think I would find the one I like there) but will also bring pasta and crackers.....and whatever else travels well!

Linda's pancakes come in a gluten free option if I remember correctly.

My mother has celiac disease and also requires a gluten-free diet. Linda's House of Pancakes has gluten-free pancakes available! We go to Linda's every year specifically for this reason! My mom says they are great.

We have found most restaurants in Aruba to be extremely accommodating to my mother and her diet-restrictions!!! My mother usually packs some of her GF treats (cookies, crackers, etc) in her suitcase so that she doesn't have to worry about finding them in Aruba . . . although every year we return, the supermarkets seem to have more and more GF food!

My wife as well. She does bring snack type foods. But we had no problem at eating out and the local Iga is really stocked. Nice to see an Iga. Too as I am a manager back home for one.
    Enjoy your trip.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12