Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Grocery Prices

Prices are generally higher in Aruba than NJ, but expected. I try my best not to compare because I would make myself crazy!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Aruba since 1979
    I am sure that many of us are happier these last few years with the Aruba grocery stores due to more variety/selection.
    Remember the days when it was next to impossible to find a gallon or half gallon of milk on certain days of the week?

(off topic)
    i just had to run to our local grocery PUBLIX....milk $4.35 gallon.
    disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    ...Remember the days when it was next to impossible to find a gallon or half gallon of milk on certain days of the week?...

Andrea, it wasn't that long ago. Now we can even find lactaid milk for our SIL.

And unsweetened vanilla almond milk!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

I find some items like bread, cold cuts reasonable. With the cold cuts I always buy for the week and I get out of hand. Those little packs really add up and I usually end up with around 20 packs of everything from ham, turkey, honey ham, honey turkey, salami and don't get me started on the cheese.

Other items like milk, eggs, bacon and juices pretty high. A Dole Juice which I usually pay around $4 in NY sometimes $2.99 when on sale is like $6 or $7 in Aruba. Bacon 4 or 5 is like 6,7 or 8 bucks. Beer I find expensive! I would think their brand Balasshi or Chill would be dirt cheap but its not. Back in NY I buy a 12 pack of heineken, corona, bud for around $12 to $15. In Aruba I think I paid $20 for a 12 pack of Chill or Ballashi at Superfoods.

I usually spend $70.00 for the whole week on one shopping. In the past I used to just grab and grab and next thing you know I had over $150 of groceries.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12