Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Grocery Questions

Aruba since 1979
    yes you can take the bus or a cab
    yes the grocery stores sell liquor

andrea

Quote Originally Posted by travelwomen View Post
    staying at the Playa Linda were is this grocery store from the hotel and can
    we take a cab or bus? Do they sell liquor also?

Ling & Sons

Several of you on this site have recommended this grocery store. I have visited the store's web-site and browsed the selection of groceries. My question is: Do they only have the items for sale that they list on their site? (i.e only Beringer wine, and a very small selection of hard alcohol)?

No they have many more items. It is a large supermarket. The only difference you would notice being from the states is that there are less recognizable brands, not US staples that you would be used to, but food is food.

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4Life View Post
    Several of you on this site have recommended this grocery store. I have visited the store's web-site and browsed the selection of groceries. My question is: Do they only have the items for sale that they list on their site? (i.e only Beringer wine, and a very small selection of hard alcohol)?
    Of all the supermarkets in Aruba, Ling & Sons is the most like the U.S. It is a IGA store. They will have all the brands you are used to at home. Its very modern store and I find it the cleanest of all the markets.

From onthegolo

Our flight does not arrive until after Ling & Sons close. Is there a grocery store near the Marriott Ocean Club that will be open after 10:00pm? Within walking distance?

http://shopngoaruba.com/

"Open Daily

Monday to Friday - 8.30am to 10.30pm
    Saturdays from - 9.00am to 10.30pm
    Sundays from - 9.00am to 9.00pm"

There are no full size supermarkets within walking distance. You would need to take the bus, a taxi or drive.

Location of high rise resorts in relation to the supermarkets.
    http://www.wikimapia.org/#lat=12.5361316&lon=-70.043335&z=13&l=0&m=a&v=2&gz=0;-700520897;125317748;111580;452404;82398;301611;103 00;159188;10300;73730;0;11730;3433;0

Quote Originally Posted by Love2Go2Aruba View Post
    I love Super Foods. They have a great selection in American and Dutch foods at the most reasonable price, and their bakery is to die for. This year we will be arriving on Sunday when the three main (tourist) grocery stores are already closed for the day. Does anyone know if the smaller supermarkets where the locals buy are still open on Sunday afternoon? Or will I have to agree to paying $5.00+ for a bottle of Pepsi at the resort convenience store?
    Try the 24-hour-store across the Texaco gas station close to the low rise area!

Thanks Princess!

Groceries imop have shot way up here. I would say at least by 25%...24 pack of AWA was 11.00, block of cracker barrel was 6.00..cindyo
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Buying at "locals'" gorcery stores

If I go to the local grocery stores, does anyone know if they accept American $$? Will we have a problem getting change in American $$?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast