Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Grocery stores in Aruba

Druif Beach, Downtown, our condo at Divi Golf and Beach resort, the pool there, Smokey Joes BBQ, Salt and Pepper, Mi Dushi Bagels, El Gaucho, Pizza Bob's...everything!

Grocery stores in Aruba

I need expert advise, so of course I have come to best source!

Which grocery store is the best for both prices and selection? Are Ling & Son's and/or Kong Hing the best or just closest to where I'm at (the Divi Links)?

Also, do both Ling & Son's and Kong Hing carry Amstel Bright? I did not see it listed in the online shopping section of Ling and Son's. Also, does Kong Hing have delivery available as Ling and Son's does?

What do you all think? I appreciate the input!

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Love ling and sons. great delivery, and a real nice store to shop in. Huge liquour asst there. Don't know about the beer though. Prices are prettty much the same all over. Haven't been to the other place. Have taken a cab to ling and sons, and have taken delivery. both have been good.
    Life is better in flip flops

[/
    url]

I am positive Hong King has Amstel Bright! I do not know about Ling and Son.

I shop at both and like them pretty much the same. Ling and Sons is brighter and the produce can be better than Kong Hing. HOWEVER, I find the meat nicer at Kong Hing. Also, we like to buy Hebrew National hot dogs and salami which you can only get there. Kong Hing is bigger and tends to have more items.

Kong Hing is the place for Amstel Bright as well as many other fine selections.

Both are great, but is you go to the members office they will give you a list of merchants that will give you a discount with your "Divi Value Membership Card" if you go to Super Food you will get 8% off. It's worth starting your grocery there and finish with the others. You need to spend $50. easy thing to do.

Druif Beach, Downtown, our condo at Divi Golf and Beach resort, the pool there, Smokey Joes BBQ, Salt and Pepper, Mi Dushi Bagels, El Gaucho, Pizza Bob's...everything!
    Excellent info everyone! Because we had a baby last year and haven't been to the island now for two years, I am out of tune and appreciate you all getting me straight! In 35 days I can get Aruba down pat again and get my bearings straight! Man I can't wait! Let's see...yep, 38 degrees and rain again here in Youngstown...Arggggh! 35 days...35 days!!

Thanks again, I will definitely partake in the discount from Super Food, and will go from there!

Grocery stores in Aruba

Which grocery store is the cheapest? 1st time in Aruba. Leaving 9/6/09.

Aruba since 1979
    certified and lings and super food are all about the same.
    figure on about 15-30% higher costs than here in the USA.

then there are things that are surprisingly inexpensive.

if you are a "stickler" for american milk, the shipment comes in midweek and sometimes on saturday. it goes fast sometimes so grab it when u can.

andrea

Quote Originally Posted by onthegolo View Post
    Which grocery store is the cheapest? 1st time in Aruba. Leaving 9/6/09.

We go to Ling & sons 1 block past the round about across from the Tam & Divi. There is another called Hong King or something like that, I'm sure both are similar. My guess is where your staying and convenience.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast