Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Grocery stores in Aruba

We've been to Ling & Sons, Kong Hing, and Certified and have found that Certified is the cheapest (they are set up more like a warehouse.) Ling & Sons prices seem to be the highest in our opinion.

We usually go to Kong Hing - and if they don't have something we're looking for (which is rare but does happen on occasion) we can just walk across the street to Certified or Super Foods since they're all so close together.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Dom
    I totally agree with Amy. I find that Certified is the least expensive of all of the supermarkets and that Lings is the most expensive. However, Lings is also the nicest and is more like an American market . Certified has more of a warehouse feel.
    Dom
    First visited Aruba in 1972

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    I'm in Aruba for at least a month every trip - 2, 3, 4 times a year). Yes, Lings is a little more expensive but if I'm spending $5K + (not counting maintenance fees on my timeshares), I'm not going to worry about if an item it 20 or 50 cents more than one of the other markets. I go to Lings because I find it the cleanest supermarket (Certified is not the cleanest). I have a thing about supermarkets so I am in all of the Aruba markets at least every other day.
    Last edited by Liz - Aruba Lover; 09-04-2009 at 06:17 PM.

Under a hut, walking Eagle Beach, lunch on the beach, Amstel Bright Beer on the beach, coffee in the morning on the beach, taking a dip in the sea,

Thumbs up

>>> "Which grocery store is the cheapest?"
    ---- Don't know??? I like Ling & Sons because they have a wide selection of bakery items, wide wine selection, and Amstel Bright Beer at a great price.
    Wife usually picks out the other items.

What time are the super markets open until on Sundays?

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckfreda View Post
    What time are the super markets open until on Sundays?
    1:00 pm except Certified Market. They close at 2 p.m.

Thanks Liz I'm arriving about 12:30 on Sunday 12/6.

Cheng's is open until 8:00 PM on Sunday's now, 11:00 or midnight on all other nights. This is the grocery store that many use for a reference where to turn for Madam Janettes.
    Tom & Karen

Next Trip: Jan. 6 - April 7

Ling and sons for food items, and Super foods for breads.

Just be careful at Ling---don't use your credit card. My issue with them charging me again, a year later, still hasn't been totally resolved!!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast