Aruba Beach
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Grocery stores in Aruba

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Quote Originally Posted by Nailbender View Post
    We are staying at the Renn. Is there a Grocery store near the airport? I know of the small one in downtown but looking ofr a bigger one.
    Believe it or not, we were able to get all of our needs at the grocery store behind the Renn marina. We bought those recycle type of bags there, loaded them up and convinced the golf cart guy at the marina tower to drive us back to the suites. Worked out fine. We purchased cheese, crackers, snacks, candy, Oj, soda, water bottles, wine, some booze, cereal, cream cheese, butter...though its not the biggest, or cleanest, we found all that we needed.

Grocery Store

Hi,

Staying at the Divi Aruba Phoenix - which is the closest grocery store.

Also does anyone know if you can purchase gift certificates for various nighttime activities to give as a gift for a future trip for my daughter.

Aruba since 1979
    the closest good sized grocery stores are
    LINGS
    SUPER FOOD
    HONG KING
    CERTIFIED
    these stores are on an access road that run parallel with the main road.
    going to or from O'staad, you will pass these stores.
    LINGS is set back 2 blocks.
    Remember the grocery stores are only open half day on sundays!

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Quote Originally Posted by jryan38618 View Post
    Hi,

Staying at the Divi Aruba Phoenix - which is the closest grocery store.

Also does anyone know if you can purchase gift certificates for various nighttime activities to give as a gift for a future trip for my daughter.
    Divi phoenix is really nice now !!!
    FYI...Ling and sons deliver so you could order on line b4 you go.
    You can reserve some of the boat rides on line also and just print the brochure and give that with a note.
    DOn't know any specifics of anything, but I believe you can buy a depalm gift certifcate on line for furture use, though, I have never done it myself.
    CIndy

Grocery shopping

Hey everyone,

We're planning a big feast when we come to Aruba in August. We will be staying in Malmok. Can you tell me if there is a good kitchen supply store nearby? Also, where can I find good fresh food markets? And are they open year-round? And what about markets that have good "staples" (pantry items)? What is in season during the end of August (ie, fruits, vegetables, fish and other sea food, herbs, mushrooms, etc.)? And what kind of meat is readily available (ie, lamb, beef, chicken or duck, etc.)? What cuts? (for example, can we get a full leg or rack of lamb, or ribs cut to order, etc)?

20 questions! Many thanks for your help!
    Mac

Aruba since 1979
    2 very good markets LINGS and SUPER FOOD I am sure their meat dept can hook you right up as to what you want or need.

as for a farmer's mkt type place for fresh produce....i do not know of any and think the grocery store will be the place.

buying good meats

If you are looking for "bulk" foods as are supplied to the hotels and restaurants, go to Caribbean Overseas. They are located just off the street which runs along behind Ling and Sons. They sell everything which the hotels and restaurants use. e.g. boxes of frozen chicken breasts, boxes of strip loin steaks either US quality or from Argintine, shrimps, etc. You go up the stairs to order, go and pay and then someone goes and gets your goods from the freezer. I am pretty sure they sell vegetables too but I have never bought them there. They are open week days usual business hours and until 1pm on Saturdays. Everyone is very helpful and their prices are very reasonable.

Markets in Aruba

Finding a "farmer's" market in Aruba can be compared to finding a fisherman's wharf in Arizona! Pretty much everything is imported . . . we have most success with veg from Ling and Sons.

BillStellaR - thanks for the info about Caribbean Overseas - great to know when we have guests from home staying or a gathering of neighbours for dinner

good kitchen supply store:
    On the road by Lings there is a big resturant supply store too that has
    pots and pans and tons of stuff. I will warn you that it's expensive.
    Most small kitchen appliances are expensive here too.

grocery stores

We will be arriving on Saturday April 3 at 4pm and from what I gather the grocery stores will be closed Sunday and Monday because of Easter...Does anyone know what time the grocery stores are open until on Saturdays? Thanks

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast