Most stores are open until 6pm

To answer your question -

This is Ling's regular hours:
    Monday to Saturday
    8:00am to 8:00pm
    Sunday
    9:00am to 1:00pm

04/02/2010 Good Friday 04/05/2010 Easter Monday

Friday, Sunday and Monday stores will be closed.

I thing Saturday will be normal opening hours.

Last year I arrived on the Saturday before Easter. Kong Hing was open until 8pm (which was their normal hours on Sat.)
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Thanks...we will have to stop there before checking in...

Quote Originally Posted by LindaBoston View Post
    Thanks...we will have to stop there before checking in...
    That's exactly what I did last year (stopped on my way to the hotel) since I knew they wouldn't be open on Sunday or Monday.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

When you have groceries delivered to your hotel, do you have meet the delivery person, or do you just arrange to have it dropped off?
    No Shirt, No Shoes, No Problem
    Next Aruba trip in
    Loving Aruba Since Honeymoon 1984

Quote Originally Posted by corona View Post
    When you have groceries delivered to your hotel, do you have meet the delivery person, or do you just arrange to have it dropped off?
    If you're referring to Ling & Sons delivery service, here is the link that explains timing and delivery in detail:
    http://www.lingandsons.com/ling/getP...GAL_DISCLAIMER

Thanks for the information, Amy, that is who I was planning to order from.

I was wondering if anyone has ordered from Lings could tell me if they were able to have their hotel accept delivery (it appears from Amy's link that you can designate another person to accept, but I don't know if it's common for the hotels to do that), or did they have to wait (I would guess in the lobby) for the order to arrive. If so, was there a set time, or was a estimated time frame? I don't want to spend vacation time sitting in the lobby waiting for a food order to save a few bucks. But, if it's quick and painless, I'm all for it.
    Next Aruba trip in

Quote Originally Posted by corona View Post
    If so, was there a set time, or was a estimated time frame? I don't want to spend vacation time sitting in the lobby waiting for a food order to save a few bucks. But, if it's quick and painless, I'm all for it.
    You get to choose from two time frames - either from 10am-12pm or 2pm-4pm so you (or someone you've designated) will need to be available for one of those 2 hour time frames.

We've never done the delivery since we're picky about certain brands. It's just easier for us to stop at a grocery store on our way from the airport to the hotel and get our shopping done right away (we always have a rental car.)
    Last edited by ~Amy~; 03-29-2010 at 02:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~ View Post
    You get to choose from two time frames - either from 10am-12pm or 2pm-4pm so you (or someone you've designated) will need to be available for one of those 2 hour time frames.

We've never done the delivery since we're picky about certain brands. It's just easier for us to stop at a grocery store on our way from the airport to the hotel and get our shopping done right away (we always have a rental car.)
    Stopping from the airport to pick up groceries was my original plan until I found out the store is closed on the day of our arrival. Second idea was delivery the next day, but I don't want to be waiting in the hotel for an order. Hopefully, I can find out if someone has had their hotel accept delivery, in particular, we're staying at the Marriott Stellaris.

I've also sent an email to Lings asking them if the hotel will accept delivery on our behalf, but I would love to hear from someone who has actually received their delivery this way. I'm trying to decide if it's worth the trouble. Thanks so much!!
    Last edited by corona; 03-29-2010 at 02:30 PM.
    Next Aruba trip in

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345