Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Grocery/Superfood

Grocery/Superfood

Has anyone been shopping at the new SuperFoods store I believe it is closer to high rise? We always went to Lings how do they compare food freshness and price

Quote Originally Posted by CandyC55 View Post
    Has anyone been shopping at the new SuperFoods store I believe it is closer to high rise? We always went to Lings how do they compare food freshness and price
    We shopped at Super Foods on our recent trip (Jan/Feb). We were disappointed they didn't have the stuff we wanted that we knew Ling's had. That's our personal experience.

SF has comparable quality and offers some convenience foods such as chopped veggies, peeled garlic, etc. I think it's all a matter of personal preference.

Aruba since 1979
    The parking lot is a congested nightmare. That is the main complaint / comment I hear.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    I was not impressed with suiper foods. it is obviously new, very clean and bright. the staff is very nice and helpful but they have limited choices. i went once, then did my main shopping at lings. since super foods is closer to us, i would run there for bread or milk but not for real food shopping. lings is still better.

Lately I have been doing my major grocery shopping at Save-A-Lot. They have just all the stuff I normally use on a daily basis and the prices are very good. Granted, they don't have everything, but they do have most things. Even their meats are good and reasonable.

Give it a try, you can always stop at Super Food down the street. . ..

Tom and Stanley

Aruba since 1979
    where is Save a Lot ?
    is it beyond CHENGS market, on the left?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom and Stanley View Post
    Lately I have been doing my major grocery shopping at Save-A-Lot. They have just all the stuff I normally use on a daily basis and the prices are very good. Granted, they don't have everything, but they do have most things. Even their meats are good and reasonable.

Give it a try, you can always stop at Super Food down the street. . ..

Tom and Stanley
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 02-19-2013 at 10:03 AM.

Thanks for all the information our friends will be there before us so they will be the ones checking it out we have always used Lings. Will have to try it out...

Very disappointed with the new Super Foods. It was nice, new and clean but didn't have most of the items I was looking for. Seemed a little more geared for their dutch customers so back I went (and will remain) to Lings.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Well so far it's gonna be Lings !!!!

oh this is upsetting..I was excited to hear the new supermarket is half the distance from Marriott to Lings..I was hoping it was going to be just as good.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast