Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Was hoping to get some fresh fish......

Was hoping to get some fresh fish......

Usually I have pretty good luck by the pier right in front of the Marriott Surf Club, but today no luck. waited about 1 1/2 (arrived at 9am) but 2 boats came back with nothing for sell to the public. They only had 2 barracuda. How do you cook barracuda?? Will give it another shot tomorrow. Hoping to nab the huge lobsters we picked up in 2010.

Eagle Beach to relax / Malmok, Boca Catalina & Arashi for snorkeling / Carte Blanche, Zeerovers, Sopranos Piano Bar, Kuku Kanuku & The Pata Pata Bar / The weekend flee market.
    You could grab some fresh fish off the boat at Zeerovers in Savaneta located between Old Man And The Sea and Flying Fishbones. Shrimp also available. Eat there or take it home and cook it.
    9th trip to Aruba in

Zeerovers has lots of fresh fish and shrimp as mentioned above. Here's a video showing you how to get there:

http://bentpage.net/2011/09/28/zeerovers-a-quick-visit/

Enjoy your visit.

Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)
    http://www.bentpage.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by sunscreen View Post
    Usually I have pretty good luck by the pier right in front of the Marriott Surf Club, but today no luck. waited about 1 1/2 (arrived at 9am) but 2 boats came back with nothing for sell to the public. They only had 2 barracuda. How do you cook barracuda?? Will give it another shot tomorrow. Hoping to nab the huge lobsters we picked up in 2010.
    I have had barracuda only once and it was great. Had it deep fried with nothing on it. . . . I suppose you could do anything with it, bake, broil, fry or deep fry. . . I would guess the cook at where you are staying can prepare it for you if you ask. . . . .

Tom and Stanley ( the Aruba Guys )

Aruba since 1979
    we have cooked barracuda in the grilling pan, with honey mustard salad dressing.

spray the pan well with pam olive oil.....cook on medium/high

put on a tablespoon or more of honey mustard salad dressing.
    YUM

Tough luck huh??

Baracudda is best (IMHO) cooked on the grill or a flat pan with olive oil. Season it before hand with slight sprinkle of pepper, parsley flakes, and a good Lime "rub-down". I cook without red sauces but that is up to you. For me, it a great fish to eat with sauteed squash and onions on the side. White wine or water. No beer or anything that competes with the fish. It is not a "Flaky" fish, like grouper, but instead it is chunkier but not harsh. If properly cut into steaks , it offers minimal bones to worry about.

If that does not work, try a fish filet at Wendy's.

be well
    charles
    THERE ARE PLACES TO SEE - STORIES TO TELL
    IMAGES TO HARNESS - AND MORE STORIES ON caribbean.tv
    be well
    charles

Smile

When I went fishing for wahoo in Aruba, the captain always gave me the wahoo and he wanted the barracuda. Its really good fish. If you get fresh fish, you really can't mess it up to bad because anyway you fix it, will be better than any frozen fish you could eat. I would go to Zeerovers but its a 30 minute drive from the Marriott. You can eat it there with the locals or you can take it home and fix it.
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: www.arubabobsnorkeling.com 50th trip Dec 11, 2017

Hi Sunscreen -
    Hope you got your fresh fish on!
    Only barracuda? MY favorite!
    That's a LUCKY day when there's Barracuda! This does not happen often enough.
    I put mine on the grill and squeeze limon... after I let it sit on cilantro sprigs. You can also pan fry it with olive oil and a sprinkle of BADIA complete Seasoning - yum!
    On Sunday TUY from "go get em" caught 2 huge barracuda and I grilled one and made CEVICHE from the other. Delicious!!!!!! I dt want to brag.... bt my ceviche gets rave reviews! high marks! gaaaaa!
    I'm there every day and there's always fish on the hadicurari pier. (by marriott and moomba)
    On Sunday Someone sent me a whatsapp about a boatload of red snapper-- which was funny.

Yesterday Marcelino fm the Carolien also caught Barracuda and Mahi.

I saw fresh fish all week coming off the pier. Mahi and Wahoo...Snapper... if you're not quick enough to grab the boats when they come in, you are guaranteed fresh fish on the grill at the Clubhouse and Hadicurari Restaurant - that's where most of the fishies are going to.

Next time you're here, pop ur head in our shop and we can walk on the pier together when the boats come in.

What time of day is the best to start stalking the pier? Thanx )

I got a chuckle...after such a detailed cooking and preparation suggestions from Charles, when he said, and I am still "chuckling," "If that doesn't work, try a fish filet at Wendy's." Charles, I love your wit!!!

Ed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast