Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Interesting souvenir ideas

Always bring home Madame Janette's Hot Sauces for my Parents

In the beginning of our travels to Aruba, I bought the usual souvenir stuff for my grandchildren. Now we always bring home a wheel of cheese and I bring home some bling for finger. I make the rounds of all the jewelry stores and always end up at Kay's. I also purchased a locally made bracelet at the Caribbean Queen.

Aruba since 1979
    the caribbean queen is an awesome place
    Quote Originally Posted by phyllist View Post
    In the beginning of our travels to Aruba, I bought the usual souvenir stuff for my grandchildren. Now we always bring home a wheel of cheese and I bring home some bling for finger. I make the rounds of all the jewelry stores and always end up at Kay's. I also purchased a locally made bracelet at the Caribbean Queen.

What is the parking situation like around Palm Beach these days? Thinking of heading to Paseo to check out Caribbean Queen.

Aruba since 1979
    parking imo is difficult.

quite congested.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    What is the parking situation like around Palm Beach these days? Thinking of heading to Paseo to check out Caribbean Queen.

Souvenir suggestions for two girls ages 12 and 14?

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Alex and Ani Aruba bracelets
    aruba flip flops
    i ❤️Aruba T shirts
    aruba aloe soap
    i ❤️Aruba sunscreen
    Hard Rock Aruba T shirts
    Aruba insulated cups
    Dunkin Donuts ❤️tShirts Its Worth the trip
    cute gauze hippy type shirts at carts high rise strip

can you tell I've been there?!

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    Souvenir suggestions for two girls ages 12 and 14?

Aruba since 1979
    good suggestions cindy

i might add that those little flea markets that make their way to the resorts....casa del mar on Wednesdays from 5 -7 AND lacabana 2x a week and one of the days is Friday from 5 to ? ...those little flea markets have some pretty cute stuff, ranging from tee shirts, to earrings, to ball caps to beaded bracelets. i bought my nieces the beaded bracelets. (remember the old baby bracelets, similar with the word ARUBA on them)

there is a lovely little silver store at the renaissance/seaport marketplace and they have a nice collection of somewhat inexpensive trinkets.

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    Some of my favorite and most used items have been hair clips made by locals. The Divi and Tam both have locals come 2x a week to sell their goods. One year they had butterfly hair clips with stones on them in different colors. I bought a few pairs and use them almost everyday! My hair is thick so it is hard to find good ones and these are perfect, not to mention a $2 price! About 12 years ago I found a beautiful hairclip well made, across from the high rise hotels, it is hand painted and very pretty I am so afraid to break this one I wear it only on special occasions. Whichever clip I pick that day it brings a smile to start my day as I of course think of where it is from.

Some of the neat things I picked up was
    these really cool t-shirts that had some common words written in papaimento/english, hats (for the boys)
    local rum, havana rum, and liquors from the island... other spices, hot sauce, bbq sauce, chocolates, cookies
    Did get some nice hair clips, chain purses, shoulder bag and other trinkets.
    Did get a bunch of stuff at the duty free store, so glad too cause one of my bags weighed in at 49.5 lbs.. (thank god for SW... 50 lbs.)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast