Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Interesting souvenir ideas

<--------- A tattoo like mine
    And I Always bring home some colourful gecko's for walldecoration and new bikini's and shirts from Ratland because they are much nicer here

Aruba since 1979
    Ratland has been closed for at least 8 mos.
    Quote Originally Posted by LauraAruba View Post
    <--------- A tattoo like mine
    And I Always bring home some colourful gecko's for walldecoration and new bikini's and shirts from Ratland because they are much nicer here

Oooh really?! Wait they are called different again. First it was undergroun, than Ratland now ummm nun-k I believe

We got a cute Christmas ornament at the Radisson festival they do weekly. It was a hand painted ball with a divi tree and sunset colors. I think that's going to be our new "thing", looking for Christmas tree ornaments. We also got a nice Aruba picture frame that says "Aruba - It doesn't get any better than this" in a nice script.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    We got a cute Christmas ornament at the Radisson festival they do weekly. It was a hand painted ball with a divi tree and sunset colors. I think that's going to be our new "thing", looking for Christmas tree ornaments. We also got a nice Aruba picture frame that says "Aruba - It doesn't get any better than this" in a nice script.
    That is our "thing". We get a new ornament from each vacation
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Prior to our April trip, on which the kids were not going, my daughter said, "Please mom, I don't need another Aruba t-shirt". Whatttt?? You can never have too many Aruba t-shirts. I got her one of those multi-colored backpacks from the flea market.

I'm going to make my own souvenir. Have any of you heard of t-shirt quilts/blankets? I got my first one 15 years ago when my mom's friend asked me for any old t-shirts I had. She simply cut them into squares and sewed them together. Made a great beach, picnic, throw in the car blanket. Well, I made one myself with all of our old Cleveland Indians t-shirts, but it wasn't very good since I'm not crafty. My mom has now taken up quilting and made my daughter a quilt with her high school t-shirts. Not only did she sew them together, she put backing on the t-shirt and put a backing on the whole quilt, then quilted it. She is now making one for my son who graduates today!

Wellll, I'm going to take all of my Aruba shirts and make a quilt (I'll need her help). I'll post pictures of my son's blanket after she gives it to him so you get an idea of what I'm talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by AUA1989 View Post
    Prior to our April trip, on which the kids were not going, my daughter said, "Please mom, I don't need another Aruba t-shirt". Whatttt?? You can never have too many Aruba t-shirts. I got her one of those multi-colored backpacks from the flea market.

I'm going to make my own souvenir. Have any of you heard of t-shirt quilts/blankets? I got my first one 15 years ago when my mom's friend asked me for any old t-shirts I had. She simply cut them into squares and sewed them together. Made a great beach, picnic, throw in the car blanket. Well, I made one myself with all of our old Cleveland Indians t-shirts, but it wasn't very good since I'm not crafty. My mom has now taken up quilting and made my daughter a quilt with her high school t-shirts. Not only did she sew them together, she put backing on the t-shirt and put a backing on the whole quilt, then quilted it. She is now making one for my son who graduates today!

Wellll, I'm going to take all of my Aruba shirts and make a quilt (I'll need her help). I'll post pictures of my son's blanket after she gives it to him so you get an idea of what I'm talking about.
    Sounds awesome! What a great idea!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    If looking for a souvenir, I always liked to find something typical of that country, something made by the locals. In Aruba, I saw a beautiful art gallery with paintings from local artists. I got one gorgeous silk painting there.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Back your T shirt squares with mid weight iron on interfacing
    instead of filling quilt with a fiberfill fill back with polar fleece
    much more durable, with stands washing, where as poly fill doesn't.
    made many many quilts here😎

Quote Originally Posted by AUA1989 View Post

Aruba since 1979
    follow cindy o's advice
    she is a PRO!!!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast