Aruba Beach
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Interesting souvenir ideas

I love the tee shirt quilt idea! I do not have a crafty bone in my body, but I'm thinking I can convince my grandma or great aunt to help!
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Aruba since 1979
    tracey.....maybe when cindy gets back from her 3+ week european vacation we can put together in OFF TOPIC a quilting info thing.

cindy has made numerous quilts all beautiful.
    one in particular for my grandson which is hanging in his room (nautical theme)

I only wish I can sew. Asked for a sewing machine for Christmas 2013... took it out of the box and put it back in when I saw the bobbin thing
    Now I can change the oil in a car, tires, fan belts... some simple plumbing and etc. Got an A in woodwork but barely passed sewing. lol
    Would love to able to learn quilting.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    tracey.....maybe when cindy gets back from her 3+ week european vacation we can put together in OFF TOPIC a quilting info thing.

cindy has made numerous quilts all beautiful.
    one in particular for my grandson which is hanging in his room (nautical theme)

Cindy, I'm thinking that may be what my mom is doing with each square. I remember her ironing something to the back of the squares. I think the back of my daughters was a heavy cotton. I'll have to ask my mom if she considered fleece. Although, considering the grad party is the 13th, I'm thinking she has purchased all the materials and is probably feverishly working on finishing it. I can't wait to post a pic. Even though it won't be the Aruba one I want to do, everyone will get the idea. If I do an Aruba one, it will be all me as I remember her saying how much work she put into the first one she did.

Back to on topic: My favorite souvenir from this year is the Balashi and Amstel Bright "buckets" we got. We ran out of beer one day (that's unthinkable, but it happened) so we went to the Holiday Inn bar and they had buckets filled with beer for a decent price. I jokingly asked the bartender if we could buy a bucket to take home and he said you get to keep it when you purchase it with the beer! The Amstel bucket is especially useful as it has a bottle opener incorporated in it.

Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    Back your T shirt squares with mid weight iron on interfacing
    instead of filling quilt with a fiberfill fill back with polar fleece
    much more durable, with stands washing, where as poly fill doesn't.
    made many many quilts here

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    Quote Originally Posted by AUA1989 View Post
    Back to on topic: My favorite souvenir from this year is the Balashi and Amstel Bright "buckets" we got. We ran out of beer one day (that's unthinkable, but it happened) so we went to the Holiday Inn bar and they had buckets filled with beer for a decent price. I jokingly asked the bartender if we could buy a bucket to take home and he said you get to keep it when you purchase it with the beer! The Amstel bucket is especially useful as it has a bottle opener incorporated in it.
    wow may have to check out the bucket, would love to bring home a Brights bucket.

Quote Originally Posted by AUA1989 View Post

Wow! Super jealous!! I want a bucket!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

I finally remembered to take a picture of them:
    Interesting souvenir ideas-bucket.1.jpgInteresting souvenir ideas-bucket.2.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Interesting souvenir ideas-bucket.1.jpg  

Aruba since 1979

Terrafuse Blown Glass and Ceramics showcases a lot of their products on Pinterest. They have items like beer glasses blown from actual Balashi Chill bottles; ceramic pots with either goats on their lid, or a blue iguana, or frogs; tiny blown glass vessels containing sand and many variations of glass bead necklaces and bracelets. Looking forward to checking them out in November.

I just gave my nephew 3 bright buckets, house warming gift,
    told me they're his favorite gift...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast