Aruba Beach

Thread: Kong Fui supermarket

Kong Fui supermarket

Andrea, how is the Kong Fui grocery for snacks and beer? We're staying at the Radisson in 2 weeks and I just want to get a few things for the room.

Thanks for your advice on restaurants! I'm bringing the kid with me and will probably go more casual. Planning on Buguloe's, Casa Tua, Smokey Joe's, French Steakhouse, Laguna's, Linda's, and maybe Papillon. The kid's don't go for the "fancy" stuff - they would probably eat at Hard Rock every day...!

Aruba since 1979
    it is OK for snacks, soda, beer and juice.
    i have been in the store a number of times since it has opened and even 3 weeks ago, their selections are not great.

i still prefer Lings or Superfood.

Quote Originally Posted by chrismiller View Post
    Andrea, how is the Kong Fui grocery for snacks and beer? We're staying at the Radisson in 2 weeks and I just want to get a few things for the room.

Thanks for your advice on restaurants! I'm bringing the kid with me and will probably go more casual. Planning on Buguloe's, Casa Tua, Smokey Joe's, French Steakhouse, Laguna's, Linda's, and maybe Papillon. The kid's don't go for the "fancy" stuff - they would probably eat at Hard Rock every day...!

Hi Andrea,

We have used Kong Fui a little more on this trip. They are average for fresh produce and do lack certain packaged items...pasta for instance. Also, Maipo Cabernet sells at other locations for Afl10.50. At Kong Fui it is 10.99Afl. Also there beer pricing is higher.

Given what happened with our cards being compromised there last year, we almost always use cash. We have also encountered the language issue. Yesterday Bobbie needed an item and they did not understand. She found it and went to show the staff. Interesting result....they shooed her out of the store!!!!!! Indeed a weird place

John

Aruba since 1979
    exactly!!!

Quote Originally Posted by aquaman View Post
    Hi Andrea,

We have used Kong Fui a little more on this trip. They are average for fresh produce and do lack certain packaged items...pasta for instance. Also, Maipo Cabernet sells at other locations for Afl10.50. At Kong Fui it is 10.99Afl. Also there beer pricing is higher.

Given what happened with our cards being compromised there last year, we almost always use cash. We have also encountered the language issue. Yesterday Bobbie needed an item and they did not understand. She found it and went to show the staff. Interesting result....they shooed her out of the store!!!!!! Indeed a weird place

John