Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Laundry Detergent

Laundry Detergent

I'm not sure if this is the appropriate area to post this, but I'm wondering about laundry detergent available in Aruba. We will be there for 12 days, so I know I will need to do some laundry while we are away. However, I have really sensitive skin so I've only ever been able to use Tide laundry detergent - more specifically the Tide Free & Clear for sensitive skin. Does anyone know if this is available in Aruba? If not, I guess I'll need to pack my own.

Aruba since 1979
    bring from home.
    lings and the other stores have all the name brands but may not have the tide free and clear. bring from home to be sure.
    we use wisk or tide (powder) and i put in a scoop in a sandwich baggie and pack. and i think i have a box of purex wash/dryer sheets in my timeshare box.

i
    Quote Originally Posted by amydawn99 View Post
    I'm not sure if this is the appropriate area to post this, but I'm wondering about laundry detergent available in Aruba. We will be there for 12 days, so I know I will need to do some laundry while we are away. However, I have really sensitive skin so I've only ever been able to use Tide laundry detergent - more specifically the Tide Free & Clear for sensitive skin. Does anyone know if this is available in Aruba? If not, I guess I'll need to pack my own.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Bring those things that look like dryer strips that have built in detergent/softner in them. Can't think of the name off the top of my head but they have been great for us.

Aruba since 1979
    Purex

they work well!

and, even a half a sheet works well.
    in aruba we cut them in half.

Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    Bring those things that look like dryer strips that have built in detergent/softner in them. Can't think of the name off the top of my head but they have been great for us.

Aruba since 1979
    if you wind up with these PUREX sheets, cut them in half, the LONG way.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    Purex

they work well!

and, even a half a sheet works well.
    in aruba we cut them in half.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Laundry Detergent-purex-3-1-package.jpg  

Husband has really sensitive skin, especially in hot weather and those sheets work really well for us on vacation !!!
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

My husband has really sensitive skin too and can only use the Tide Free and Clear. Bring your own in a little Tupperware container. I've had a hard time finding it when I've been away form home so now I just bring it. Good luck!

Just noticing this week in Target that Tide is now selling detergent in pods, like cascade makes for dish washing. The pods were available in the tide free and clear. I imagine these would be easy to travel with so I bought a small pack to bring with us. No fabric softener in them though.
    katherine

Trip #14 in

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Package them well, I have already experienced them squished out.....

I saw the pods this week, too. I think I'll buy a small package of those and put in my carry on luggage so I can protect from squishing. I'll pack the dryer sheets in my luggage, so my clothes will smell like Snuggle in my suitcase.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast