Aruba Beach

Thread: Linens and cheese

Linens and cheese

We are arriving in Aruba on a cruise ship. I'd like to purchase some table linens as well as a wheel of cheese. I have no idea as to where to go to look for some reasonably priced table runners and/or cloths or placemats.

Does anyone have any suggestions? What about a place to buy cheese? I am not sure where Carnival Miracle will dock, but we"d like to find both within walking distance. my husband had knee surgery a couple of weeks ago and we will be in Aruba on Oct 22, so I am not sure how far he will comfortably be able to walk.

Thanks for your help.

Ecco on Mainstreet for Linens
    www.ecco-aruba.com/

For cheese check out one of the supermarkets. They are all located together. Walk (.9 miles each way), take a taxi or the bus to Lings & Sons http://www.lingandsons.com/, Certified http://www.megamallaruba.com/ or Hong King- popular items to buy Dutch Cheese- think Gouda or Dutch chocolate.

If you are there on a weekend you could also check the flea market souvenirs. It is near Certified.

Thanks so much! I am looking forward to being in Aruba.

Sopranos Piano Bar, Café 080, Costa Linda
    Quote Originally Posted by KatieM View Post
    We are arriving in Aruba on a cruise ship. I'd like to purchase some table linens as well as a wheel of cheese.
    Given your husband's walking limitations, and your cruise ship time limitations, should you not find your answers here, I wanted to mention (having worked on Royal Caribbean for 10 years) that if you also go to St. Maarten, right off the ship, there is a water taxi that dumps you right on Front Street, Philipsburg. On both that street and the one running behind it (cleverly titled Back Street), there are linen shops like "Mr Linen" one after another, and every gift shop and duty free shop you pass advertises the various Dutch cheeses.

The port shopping guide on your ship can give you exact names of suggested stores for this, both in St. Maarten, and here on the island. Cheese is probably available right in the shops at the terminal in Aruba. For the linens, you walk out of the terminal (already a 2 block walk for your husband), then cross the street, go to the right, and there are pink and yellow colored shopping plazas that probably have the linens, and more stores likely to be a little cheaper on the shopping street behind these malls. But, if you ARE in St. Maarten, this can be accomplished SUPER easy.