Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ling's

Ling's

How far is Ling's from the Radisson? Can we walk? I can't decide if we should stop there on the way from the airport or check in first, get settled, and then go. I'm uncomfortable leaving our luggage in a taxi while we shop. What do you think? If we check in first, should we take a taxi there, or the bus??

Aruba since 1979
    Lings is a good 2 or 3 miles from the RAD.
    If you have made Bully arrangements, he is totally trustworthy and leaving he and your stuff in the taxi is a non issue.
    there is a waiting charge and i believe it is $3 per 5 minutes.
    you will be in a hotel room with no cookiing facilities, so my guess is this is a dorito, beer, soda, snack run. you probably will be in and out in 15 min.

if you have hired bully or his brother in law hubert.........do not give it a thought. stop, run into lings and get it done, pay the wait fee and your vacation is ready to BEGIN.

another grocery store is closer to the RAD. approx 1/3 mile.
    IMO it is not as well stocked as Lings, but last time i was in it was in mid december. the name escapes me. the store has been open for 14 months.
    brand spankiin new!

and a bus to Lings from the RAD is $2.25 r/t.

Quote Originally Posted by Griswold Family Vacay View Post
    How far is Ling's from the Radisson? Can we walk? I can't decide if we should stop there on the way from the airport or check in first, get settled, and then go. I'm uncomfortable leaving our luggage in a taxi while we shop. What do you think? If we check in first, should we take a taxi there, or the bus??
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 07-09-2011 at 12:17 AM.

Aruba since 1979
    Effective 1st of September 2009 and valid for three (3) years.

I. All rates must be in Aruban florins (Afl.) as well as in US dollars ( US$); Exchange rate Afls 1.80 to US$1.00.

2. Minimum fare is Afl. 10,00 / US$6.00. This price list is in US Dollars (US$).

3. Prices are based on distance with a maximum capacity passengers of five passengers per taxi.

4. Sundays, official holidays and on regular days starting from 11:00 pm till 7:00 am there will be a surcharge of Afl. 5,40 /US$3.00 to the regular fares.

5. Each passenger from and to the Airport is allowed one piece of luggage and a back/hand pack-bag. For each piece of luggage there will be an additional charge of Afl. 3,60 / US$2.00 per piece. Attaché cases, laptop cases, carry on''s and any type of equipment / aid that is necessary for the passenger's mobilization can not be charged for.

6. Use of car trunk, not going to or coming from the Airport will be an additional charge of Afl. 3,60 / US$ 2.00, except when luggage is transported between hotels. In this case the charge of Afl. 3,60 / US$2.00 per piece of luggage is valid.

7. Waiting time is Afl. 5,40 / US$3.00 per 5 minutes.

8. In case of damage due to wet clothing, sharp objects or otherwise to the cars interior, there will be an additional damage charge of Afl. 90,00 / US$50.00 per incident.

9. Taxis can be hired at an hourly rate of Afl. 81,00 / US$45.00 per hour.

10. The driver - within reason - is not responsible for lost items in his/her car. Found objects will be reported and turned over to the Department of Public Transportation or the nearest police station.

11. The driver is not allowed to ask other fares than these approved by the Government.

12. The driver is not allowed to transport more than five (5) passengers in a taxi. A minor under the age of two (2) years is not considered as a passenger.

13. If a passenger being the first one to ask to be transported to a location refuses, the driver is not allowed to take more persons into his taxi. If more passengers, not being part of the same group, are transported to the same destination, then the fare has to be divided within the group transported to the destination.

14. The tariffs must be placed in sight for the passengers in the taxi.

OK, thanks!

I have no idea what types of items you plan on purchasing.
    Before you do your shopping, if you plan on refrigerated items, you may want to consider the amount of storage in the fridge. The soda bottle was 16 oz.
    Last edited by Arubalisa; 02-07-2013 at 01:34 PM.

Actually we were planning on picking up a styrofoam cooler at Ling's. Do they have those? We usually get a half gallon of milk (for cereal), some yogurt, and salsa for snacks, and keep some ice from the hotel for drinks. I know the referigerators are $5/day - what a racket! I think we usually get a disposable cooler for $5 for the week, when we travel elsewhere.

There is no charge for the refrigerators. They are complimentary.

If Lings does not have the coolers, Certified will have them.

There is one ice machine on each floor of each tower of the hotel.

Really? I saw somewhere that there was a charge for the refrigerators. Are they in every room, or do you have to request one?

Thanks!

Maybe prior to the renovation there was a charge, but there is a mini fridge as I pictured in my previous post in each room. You will also find complimentary floats and frozen fruit poolside in the afternoon.

The Bonaire and Curacao towers are completely renovated. The Aruba tower is closed at this time for renovations and is slated to reopen, the last I heard, early October.

The general manager of the resort, has made some wonderful improvements, I will detail them further in my trip report. Unfortunately I am still working on it.

Can always call ahead and tell them you need a refrigerator for meds. I know that in the US, if you do that, they must provide them for free.

No arguments on the ethicacy please.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast