Aruba Beach

Thread: Ling's

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything

Ling's

Does anyone know if Ling's carries hair products like mousse, gel, that sort of thing?

Aruba since 1979
    yes
    in lings they have those kind of items.....shampoo, hair stuff, lotions, powder, make up etc....beauty items in the front of the store, down near the frozen food. it is a separate area/separate room.
    they have quite a good selection.
    Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    Does anyone know if Ling's carries hair products like mousse, gel, that sort of thing?

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    thanks, now i don't have to lug that stuff with me in small 3 oz bottles. since i only take carry on, i need like 2 or 3 of each thing, lol....

Just be aware you will pay for it

www.aruba.com/forum/f35/tip-day-sunscreen-30408/index2.html#post225715

Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    Nice selection at Ling
    What was $ 23 in all hotels was $17 there. We are partial to Hawaiian. Tropic. #30.
    They used to have cheaper Arhba Aloe stuff but now its the same prices as hotels etc.
    Hawaiian Tropic goes for what about $10 in the states and Cindy paid $17 in Aruba.

okay, so now I will figure out how to bring it, lol. thanks Lisa, cause I'd hate to not bring it and find out it costs $20 for it. i'll check out the prices when i'm there for next time, lol. I can always remove the body lotion since i always by the aloe vera there....

I wouldn't mind but my hair is so curly that if i don't mousse it, gel it, etc., I look like bozo in that weather in humidity. only place my hair looks good is vegas cause its very low humidity....

Can you buy the trial sizes of the products you need? Your dh and you are each permitted a http://www.tsa.gov/assets/pdf/311_brochure_bw.pdf 1 qt. bag for your liquids. If all your product does not fit in your 1 qt. bag, would he have room left over in his bag for some of your stuff?

Aruba since 1979
    i bought shampoo, hair gel, deodorant and oil of olay body wash there and found those products not to be outrageously expensive. the suntan/screens are high.......in the $18 0 $20 range.
    (disclosure.......i left my toiletry bag at home along with 2 bathing suit cover ups which i also had to buy on island)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    okay, so now I will figure out how to bring it, lol. thanks Lisa, cause I'd hate to not bring it and find out it costs $20 for it. i'll check out the prices when i'm there for next time, lol. I can always remove the body lotion since i always by the aloe vera there....

I wouldn't mind but my hair is so curly that if i don't mousse it, gel it, etc., I look like bozo in that weather in humidity. only place my hair looks good is vegas cause its very low humidity....

we both bring carry ons. I'll figure out something. Its just we got for two weeks and with my hair, I need double the 3 0z bottles for each product. if I run out, I'll have to buy there.

Personally, I did not find products any more expensive in Aruba compared to home. Perhaps it's because I'm Canadian but I was happily surprised at prices in some of the stores and some were even pretty cheap. My sister exclaimed that they reminded her of dollar stores actually. What really pleased me was the variety of items available and I know now that I shouldn't have packed half the stuff I did like baby wipes, shampoo, diapers, toddler snacks, uv clothing, etc., Even organic foods are available in Aruba. I think price is relative to what you are used to paying and what you personally consider decent value for ease and peace of mind.