Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Lings

Lings

In today's aruba newspaper, lings announced a big sale on groceries up to 50 percent off from 9/26 to 9/29. So if anyone is going that week please take advantage.

I would avoid that place like the plaque....with all the tourists that shop there it will be like a mad house !!!!
    But, I wonder if the new superfoods is giving them a run for their money ???
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

I arrived on 9/20 and shopped at superfoods and it was mobbed. I spent 45 minutes there and I had a list. The prices were reasonable.

Aruba since 1979
    really?

we have always found lings to be good.
    and in the past year they have rearranged a bit, made better displays, broadened the liquor area, and seems to me have made it much easier to manuever.

superfoods is giving lings competition
    if superfoods did not exist in its new location/new store, lings may have not been motivated to spiff up.

there are those that love each for many different reasons.
    i dislike superfoods due to the crazy parking. i know how to manuever the parking, but many do not and it is problematic and to me not worth the hassle.

i hope that many can get a good deal at Lings' sale beginning tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by danadog56 View Post
    I would avoid that place like the plaque....with all the tourists that shop there it will be like a mad house !!!!
    But, I wonder if the new superfoods is giving them a run for their money ???

We like both... Lings for staples and SuperFood for prepared things that you can hurl on the barbecue and we find the SuperFood cheese counter much better than Lings.

But we always hit Lings for Arizona Iced Tea in the bottle: liquid cocaine!! Mmmmm.... peeeeachy....

I agree with Andrea ... whomever designed that parking lot at the SuperFood plaza is drinking something more than Arizona Iced Tea.

Has anybody bought from the fish monger next to Super Foods? We paid a visit on our last day on the island in February and it looked really great but, alas, we had a flight to catch and I'm pretty sure Canadian Customs might take note if I tried to go through with a large grouper in my hands. They're tough that way.

Andrea,
    I didn't mean I normally avoid kings, I meant I would avoid it because of the crazy sale....normally when we go there, and of course it is always monday morning since we get there on sunday late afternoon....it is always so full of shoppers, mostly tourists, that is is almost intolerable....
    I say this not to be a moaner, but just what I have witnessed....Since we have been going for so many years we are used to the "slowness" of everything Aruba and we do not mind ...but when we see "new tourists" that have not learned to shut down when on vacation in aruba and you see and hear people being rude and obnoxious to the clerks, waitress, etc it drives me up a wall.....then when you are shopping at say Lings and get run over (not literally) by a rude tourist you want to scream.....so I am just assuming (yes, I know) it will be crazy there........just sayin'
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

We are among those who brave Ling's on a Monday morning. I see a lot of bewildered, pale tourists trying to figure out what the European food labels say. They tend to buy only American products as they are familiar. We don't witness a lot of rudeness. I'm sure it happens.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Thanks for heads up. It'll be a coin toss where we end up....

I try to avoid both Lings and Super Foods. I can find just about everything I want at Save-a-Lot for a lot less money. If you look at the labels of their store brands, you will see that it comes from the US. . . . All there meats and chicken have been good and there dairy products are fine also. . . Give them a try and see what you think. . . . Granted, sometimes they are out of things, but so is Lings and Super Foods. . . .

Tom and Stanley (the Aruba Guys)

We discovered Save-a-Lot this past trip and I agree Tom. They have a pretty good selection of familiar foods for good prices. That said, we mostly split our shopping between Ling's and Super Food.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast