Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Liquor in Duty free

Liquor in Duty free

i will be arriving in Aruba in lees than two weeks and woulf like to know if its cheaper to but the liquor at the duty free shop in the airport or buy my liquor downtown
    im a Absolut and Remy Martin man awhile the wife likes grey goose

is the local beer good or should i stay with coors light'

thanks

But your booze (up to one liter per person) at the airport. You may or may not like the local beer. As a Coors Light fan you'll probably be OK with Balashi.

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    My friend purchased Grey Goose at Duty Free upon arrival. It was $34.00.

we always buy our liquor at Airport...some times, they have so called "special"...when you buy 2 bottles, you have a discount...Last year when I purchased a bottle of Katel ONE, price was$25...and if you buy two, it went down to $45...I knew , that we can use them during our 2 weeks stay, so the answer was: YES...And I was alone( in the store)...and customs would not even ask me, how many bottles I have on me...I think that they could care less, how many bottles you are going to bring in...Just enjoy it, and spend Money on the Island...
    Last edited by worldtraveler1976; 07-07-2014 at 02:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by worldtraveler1976 View Post
    we always buy our liquor at Airport...some times, they have so called "special"...when you buy 2 bottles, you have a discount...Last year when I purchased a bottle of Katel ONE, price was$25...and if you buy two, it went down to $45...I knew , that we can use them during our 2 weeks stay, so the answer was: YES...And I was alone( in the store)...and customs would not even ask me, how many bottles I have on me...I think that they could care less, how many bottles you are going to bring in...Just enjoy it, and spend Money on the Island...

Not always true. We got stopped one year with more than is allowed. I had to stand in line forever so I could complete a form and pay the extra duty. Not on my list of "Things to do as soon as I get to Aruba"

The less crowded beaches & the Dutch bars
    generally speaking, you will save money at the arrivals duty free store. We bought Rum & Vodka back in march and saved $4 or $5 a bottle on average. Aruban customs was checking how much you had bought that day. Sometimes no one is even there and you just walk out into the arrivals terminal.

There's one thing that's unusual about Aruba (that I haven't really seen anywhere else) is that you can buy duty free as you're exiting the Aruban airport and starting your vacation -- as opposed to buying duty free liquor in your home airport and bringing it to Aruba with you.

The liquor at the duty free is cheaper than on the island and they have a pretty good selection - the selection at the exit duty free tends to be better than the duty free upstairs at the airport (for when you're leaving Aruba).

I really like the local beer (Balashi); Wiki has an entry about it that describes the taste as "like a Dutch pilsner". Not sure if that helps. But all I know is that they go down really well in the fantastic Caribbean heat.

So Grey Goose for $34 and Ketel One for $25 ... can anyone tell me the size of these bottles? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by CDNJehn View Post
    So Grey Goose for $34 and Ketel One for $25 ... can anyone tell me the size of these bottles? Thanks!

Probably one liter size. Aprox. 33.8 fluid ounces or about 33.3% more than 750ml (25.36 fl.oz.) you'd get in the USA.

I bought 1 litre Myers Rum for $14 I think and that is an amazing price. But I prefer Havana Club 7 years which I couldnt find at Duty free. They had them plenty at the new supermarket near AM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast