Aruba Beach
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By AUA1989

Thread: Little Europe

Talking Little Europe

We went downtown to find a bracelet. I had one we would like to have traded. We started at Colombian Emeralds, because we were looking for a small emerald tennis bracelet in white gold. Nothing stood out and what they did have was pricey. They also did not want to talk trade. We stopped at Little Switzerland, who had nothing at all and we didn't even talk about a trade, even though that is where my old bracelet came from.

We headed to Effy, as we've had good luck with them in the past. Again, we struck out and we were headed to Kay's when the girl at Effy sent us next door to Little Europe. We saw nothing at first, but just before leaving, I saw a smaller tennis bracelet that incorporated emeralds, rubies and sapphires and diamonds just like a ring I wear! However, it was set in yellow gold and white gold. I didn't care for the two tone gold, and VJ, our salesman, said he could put the Rhodium on the yellow gold to make it the white gold finish and we could pick it up Friday. He did just as he said and stated he has a shop in New York should I ever have a problem. He gave me an appraisal, and I have yet to have an appraisal here at home to which to compare it.

Having not shopped at or heard anything about Little Europe, we were a little hesitant. However, VJ was great and in conversation found out about my bracelet I wanted to trade. He would have taken it in trade had we mentioned it. He said to bring it back on our next visit and we'll talk.

That evening we had the chance to read some of the advertising paraphernalia we had gathered and there were a couple articles about the store. Apparently, they have been in business 40 years, so I felt better. You can't be in business that long if you don't treat your customers right.

Love my bracelet!

Aruba since 1979
    sounds like a very pretty bracelet!

a concern re: the rhodium plating. will it wear off?

i am very interested in learning on how your appraisal at home works out.

I asked about the Rhodium coming off. He assured me it would not. I have a friend here at work who has a white-gold engagement ring who says she was told by her jeweler that her ring should be "dipped" yearly. I have read online that the plating does not last forever.

I have a small ring that is (was) yellow-gold and white-gold that I've had for 11 years or so. And now that I look, because of this conversation, the white-gold part is actually looking quite yellow-gold.