Aruba Beach

Thread: Mall across from High Rise Area

Mall across from High Rise Area

I've been reading alot about the mall across from the High Rise area and that there are 50 stores and restaurants and entertainment at night. Could anyone tell me more about the night time entertainment there? We'll be traveling w/ teens and are looking for nightime options. Thanks!!

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Karen, we enjoyed with our large group some ice cream, drinks at TGIF, and watched the water show. Its on the hour, and put to music that all can relate to. During one nite it was the beatles and bon jovi( 2 seperate shows) at that mall. My teens enjoyed going thru the shops and seeing the kiosks up and down the main drag. They also enjoyed sitting at Champions watching the Red sox game and hitting the video game rooms while we gambled. To be honest we did not let them roam around the beach area by themselves( 14 & 16). We gave them their space but they had to be in the same hotel as we were in.
    Its tough, they want their independence, but I am not ready to hand it over in aruba.....

Palm Beach Plaza

Are you talking about the one directly across Holiday Inn? That is Paseo Harencia, but there is another huge mall being built just next to Paseo Harencia. They claim to have many high end stores as well as a bowling centre and cinemas.

I found this site to give you more information ;

www.palmbeachplaza.com

abj
    we ate there the other day at tgi fridays. busy area. quite a few store/restaurants and sidewalk vendors there.

Radisson; Madame Janette; Downtown; Natural Bridge (even though only remnants remain); Marriott; Eagle Beach; Palm Beach
    What's going to happen to 'downtown'? It seems as though every effort is being made to keep the tourists in the high rise area. Are they going to put their dependence on business on the cruise tourists? It's nice to have the convenience of the malls in the high rise area, but Oranjestad could use some 'fixing up', too! Any thoughts on the subject??

Quote Originally Posted by Darryl View Post
    Are they going to put their dependence on business on the cruise tourists?
    With most cruise ships leaving the Caribbean for the months of May through October, losing that business for half of the year would barely support a business. There is only one ship which cruises the southern Caribbean during the summer. June - August this year there were only 8 cruise ship calls. http://www.arubabycruise.com/

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    The entertainment at the mall is the Cinema, the water show (less than 10 mins long) shown 3 times a nite (7:30, 8:30, 9:30), and sometimes a live band playing outside on the plaza. TGIF has happy hour on Fridays from 11 pm-2 am.

abj
    It seems as though every effort is being made to keep the tourists in the high rise area.

personally i didn't like the high rise area. yes it had some restaurants from home but it was too crowded and really didn't offer anything for me. i could stay home and goto a local mall for that. also didn't like the beach in that area. way too crowded ad roped off swimming areas.