Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Microwave

Microwave

Where on the island can I buy a cheap microwave? Something small I can use for a week or so and leave behind.

Do you have free luggage when you travel? Maybe able to pack a small cheap one and leave it there.
    First time we went I packed a coffee pot and stuff to go with it and left it for the housekeepers.

Aruba since 1979
    price smart

i know someone that did exactly what you are thinking.
    she usually stays at the holiday inn and got a small micro for the room.
    i think that she left it for housekeeper when she checked out.

Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Where on the island can I buy a cheap microwave? Something small I can use for a week or so and leave behind.

Price Smart
    If you don't have a membership, check AMC Unicon (near Ling's or the one on the road to PriceSmart) or Island Asia (across from PriceSmart).

Everywhere else (Crown, Hageemeyer), you'll pay a fortune.

You're exactly right Andrea. This trip we will be spending our last week at HI and want something cheap we can leave behind. I have a Price Smart membership so that's where I'll look first. Thanks for all the suggestions!

I have bought a couple of microwaves from hotel clearance outlets. They buy furniture, fittings, electrical appliances when the hotels remodel their rooms/apartments. Prices normally lower than half price, condition normally passable. There's one on the left if you drive from Shaba across the Tanki Flip Roundabout towards town. It's just after "Lucky Electricals" I think. There's another in Dakota on Avenue Milio Croes on the right just as you pass "Home and Nature" driving towards PriceMart... Think it's called "Hotels 4 U" or something very similar. Stock is obviously not guaranteed but they regularly have quite a selection of various electrical appliances..

Ezee Appliances not to far from Lings and across the street from S Ford Furniture is another place we've stopped to compare prices. It's amazing how pricing for the same items fluctuate from store to store. It really depends on the item your looking for and the store you're in at the time.

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.

Aruba since 1979
    A friend on island said about $60 for a .6 cubfeet at price smart

Have you contacted Holiday Inn to see if they have any you could reserve? I don't know if they do, but couldnt hurt to ask. That is definitely the one thing those rooms are missing.

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    Have you contacted Holiday Inn to see if they have any you could reserve? I don't know if they do, but couldnt hurt to ask. That is definitely the one thing those rooms are missing.
    Great idea! You may be able to borrow one
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast