Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Milk in "aruba"

Milk in "aruba"

Not sure what language they use in Aruba but someone had mentioned that all food labels are not in english - my son has a dairy allergy so I was wondering what word I need to look for on the ingredients that would alert me that milk is in the product - Thanks!

melk- Dutch

leche- Spanish

lechi- Papiamento

Thanks!

When in doubt just ask someone, we are very nice here. Also if you shop at Ling and Son for food items they are the store with the most American food items.

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    For American milk look for Mac Arthur brand. Not sure what days or what time deliveries come in but there was no American milk or Half & Half when I was at Ling's 2 weeks ago. Not sure if I was there in the morning or afternoon.

But they do have some sort of 1/2 and 1/2 right????

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Aruba since 1979
    yes land o lakes 1/2 n 1/2
    Quote Originally Posted by sunworshipperII View Post
    But they do have some sort of 1/2 and 1/2 right????

Eagle Beach, exploring the "Outback", Madi's tour to the Natural Pool , dinner at Papiamento's
    We found that some days the stores had fesh milk, some days not! There is a boxed, non-refrigerated Dutch (?) brand that was OK on cereal, but had a slightly weird taste for drinking!! (I'm one of those people who love a glass of milk before bed!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Windy View Post
    We found that some days the stores had fesh milk, some days not! There is a boxed, non-refrigerated Dutch (?) brand that was OK on cereal, but had a slightly weird taste for drinking!! (I'm one of those people who love a glass of milk before bed!!!)
    windy,
    funny you should mention the boxed milk...the 1st time I ever saw it was when my mom-in-law received food supplements from the state. She was in the 65 and older catagory and on medicare so she qualified for "free food" once a month...anyway, they would occasionally put a box or 2 in with the other food....worried about it being good since it has a REALLY REALLY long shelf life, but it was very good and we use it for things that require milk in the recipe....
    Now when in Aruba I always buy a box to use with pancakes, etc..its cheap and does the job !!!!
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Eagle Beach, exploring the "Outback", Madi's tour to the Natural Pool , dinner at Papiamento's
    Wish I had known about it 30+ years ago when we were living on a sailboat in the Bahamas (without refrigeration! -- it was too hard to get blocks of ice!)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast