Aruba Beach
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Andrea J.
  • 1 Post By AndyM

Thread: Milk in Aruba

Milk in Aruba

Hi All, My toddler drinks a lot of milk and I would like to get parmalat style that does not need refrigeration unless is opened. Will I be able to find these in Aruba supermarkets like Super Foods or Ling & Sons? Another question: What about the refrigerated whole milk? Is it pausteurized and good quality? Does anyone know if they have organic milk such as Horizon etc? Thank you

Aruba since 1979
    Yes aruba groceries carry the "parmalat" kind of milk and yes to the whole milk in the refrigerated dairy dept of the supermkt. Yes milk is pasteurized and homogenized. i do not know of the "horiZon" brand. QUOTE=lumoreira;246825]Hi All, My toddler drinks a lot of milk and I would like to get parmalat style that does not need refrigeration unless is opened. Will I be able to find these in Aruba supermarkets like Super Foods or Ling & Sons? Another question: What about the refrigerated whole milk? Is it pausteurized and good quality? Does anyone know if they have organic milk such as Horizon etc? Thank you[/QUOTE]

All the milk/cream I've seen at Ling's has been from the US. Same for the eggs.

Aruba since 1979
    yes indeed, all of the milk in the refrigerated dairy case at lings is what the store employees call......."miami milk"
    macarthur and borden and land o lake brands.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyM View Post
    All the milk/cream I've seen at Ling's has been from the US. Same for the eggs.

That's great to hear! Would that be the same for the new Super Foods supermarket to have "miami milk'?

I've purchased 'Horizon' brand milk from Ling's. If you are looking for more US products, then Ling's is the place to shop. Super Foods has many more Dutch products and sometimes it is hard to decipher what you are buying. Just my opinion!