Aruba Beach

Thread: Morning News Reporter Rosalie Klein is a Caribbean Queen

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean

Morning News Reporter Rosalie Klein is a Caribbean Queen

Morning News Reporter Rosalie Klein is a Caribbean Queen

On 30 Oct, 2013 At 09:12 PM | Categorized As Art & Lifestyle, Local | With 0 Comments

Morning News Reporter Rosalie Klein is a Caribbean Queen-ros-561x350.jpg

ORANJESTAD — THE MORNING NEWS is proud to announce their principal reporter/photographer, Rosalie Klein, is the featured artist for November at the unique accessories and fashion shop in Palm Beach Plaza, Caribbean Queen.
    The shop is noted for each month featuring the work of local female artisans, and have carried their handicrafts of glass and pottery beading, along with handbags, jewelry, vests and sundry items of recycled materials, reused most creatively and attractively.
    For the month of November, Rosalie Klein, whose craft of choice is hand painting on pure silk, will be their spotlighted Caribbean Queen. Her new collection for this event includes 13 hand painted scarves, each a unique design, three throw pillows and two kimonos.
    Though Rosalie is best known as a journalist and photographer, few realize she was an art student at Ohio University. She is also well known for her art photos and has participated in several group exhibitions, as well as having a solo show at the Numismatic Museum in 2006. She is frequently inspired by her favorite art photos as designs for her silk work. She thinks of her silk pieces as “wearable art,” as each is an original, one-of-a-kind painting.
    Long a craftwork enthusiast, Rosalie discovered silk painting in 2005, and has been addicted to it ever since. “I found the materials in an art store while visiting in the U.S., and thought that hand painted silk scarves would make wonderful gifts. The first time I saw the way the dyes flowed on the fabric, and observed the brilliance of the colors, I was hooked.”
    The first time she displayed her new passion was during the “Aruba Flora” exhibit at the Marriott Resort in 2006, and has participated regularly over the years at the Toyota and Westin Art Galleries with her silk painting and photography.
    The Caribbean Queen will be showing a brand new collection created just for them. On the third Thursday of the month Rosalie will be demonstrating the process live. Caribbean Queen is located on the ground floor of the Palm Beach Plaza Shopping Mall in Palm Beach and is open Monday through Sunday from 10:00 AM until 10:00 PM.

Morning News Reporter Rosalie Klein is a Caribbean Queen-ros1.jpg

Morning News Reporter Rosalie Klein is a Caribbean Queen-ros2.jpg

Morning News Reporter Rosalie Klein is a Caribbean Queen-ros3.jpg

Morning News Reporter Rosalie Klein is a Caribbean Queen-ros4.jpg

http://themorningnewsaruba.com/art-l...ribbean-queen/

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Very beautiful art! LOVE it!

Gorgeous!!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Aruba since 1979
    Nice art from a nice lady