pier
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Grocery Store opens in Noord/Palm Beach

New Grocery Store opens in Noord/Palm Beach

FUI Kong shopping center opens
    Under massive interest publicly Kong FUI Shopping Center in Palm Beach, North, opened yesterday afternoon. Owners Ji Fang, Feng Jiao Li and their children and Errol Xia Ru Henriquez and Yuetao Huihua and made the opening a big party.

Note: This is the huge store across from the Valero gas station on the road where the Wendy's & McDs is heading towards Noord

hi Liz,
    Can you give any more details about the store? Does it carry many of the "american" groceries found at Lings? Can you be more specific as to where it is? Was there something there before or did they build it?

Thanks for all your info!

It is a huge building....looks like they would have everything.

Natural Pool, Druif Beach, Eagle Beach, California Lighthouse, Helicopter
    When we were at the Carribean Palm in March we walked by it almost everyday and it is huge! It was just far enough along that we could tell it was going to be a grocery store. It looked like there was going to be parking underneath(?) and an additional section for little shops to go into maybe.
    Two and a half years ago it seems like it was a vacant lot but I could be wrong. Maybe they had already cleared it then for the store?

Aruba since 1979
    in january we saw it and thought it was a retail store .......our take on it was that construction started and then halted.

glad to hear it is now opened.

randi it is on palm beach road, almost diagonally across the street from LINDAS pancake restaurant AND the valero gas station.
    coming from your place at surf club, head down the boulevard, turn LEFT at palm beach rd............go past the chinese restaurant on left, wacky wahoo and sole mare on right and then you will see the new super mkt on the right.

Don't want to throw "cold water" on a new grocery store; but tried it; and, then went back to "Ling & Sons," and...remember different strokes for different folks"...found the old reliable "Ling & Sons" was so much better organized; a wider selection and had everything I needed to cook in the room, and more. Now, as I said, in other words, this is just my opinion.

Ed

I agree with Ed. Went there today and must admit was very disappointed. Fruit and vegetable, very poor choice. Bread... same. Poor selection. Basically, again in my opinion, is a glorified version of the small Chinese grocery stores you see quite often around the island. I will also continue shopping in Ling & Sons, Superfood, etc. It could be useful for picking up main essentials but for anything special....... go to the old reliable sources.
    Maybe in a year or so things will change, but for now we will avoid.
    Living in Aruba

Aruba since 1979
    the fruits and vegetable .........poor choice may be due to unavailability.
    chavez in his brilliance and humanity has imposed a cut down of venezuelan exported produce to aruba.

the more i read of him the more i believe he is a clone of saddam hussein.

Has any work started on the Supermarket being built near the back of the Aruban resort, where the motorcycle rides used to be? That would be a very short walk for us!!

The land has been cleared and a sign is up, but we didn't see a whole lot of activity when we were there earlier this month. I think it would optimistic to think it will be ready before next summer.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast