pier
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: New Super Food grocery store

Banned

New Super Food grocery store

Is there an update on the new grocery store where the Black Hog Saloon was?

There was only a sign in October

jaw
    Just in Aruba week of 12/05/10. Did not shop at the new Ling's in Noord, but did a quick walk through. Appeared to be fully stocked and a good selection.

Aruba since 1979
    the new grocery store on palm beach rd in the noord neighborhood is ok at best (IMO).
    the shelves seem to be better stocked then when we were last in it in august.
    the bakery, deli, produce and meat dept are lacking in stuff.

it still does NOT compare to Lings, superfood or certified.

the name of the place is "kong fui"

the area where adventure golf/alfredos and the black hog once stood is still "nothing"...a bunch of dirt piles.

Banned

Kong Fui vs. Ling's

Earlier this month I did a price shopping comparison between the new Kong Fui and Ling's....I was shocked that many prices at the Kong Fui were cheaper. Examples...diet coke, yogurt, ice cream (Haagen Daaz, of course), mangos, tea. On my first trip, the mangos were PRIMO. On the 2nd trip they were bad, but that happens at Ling's as well.

Now, of course Ling's has a much larger selection in many departments, and the lighting is much better; but it's nice to know that I can drive around the corner for some basics at a cheaper price.

Aruba since 1979
    re: the lighting

yes the lighting in kong fui is weird....is it dim?
    the store seems like it should be a MACYS or a BEALLS it seems like it should be a department store.

the entire upstairs is ready for occupancy of office or retail.

when we went thru last week to pick up a few items the few items we got were a bit less expensive than lings.

Aruba since 1979
    see my posting about kong fui and debit cards!!

New Lings?

Quote Originally Posted by jaw View Post
    Just in Aruba week of 12/05/10. Did not shop at the new Ling's in Noord, but did a quick walk through. Appeared to be fully stocked and a good selection.
    Did you mean new Lings or new Kong Fui in Noord? Is there a new Lings and if so where is it? This would be very convenient for us. We've been to Kong Fui and while it might help in a pinch, there is not a great assortment for our larger scale shopping.

Aruba since 1979
    the "new lings" is now about 4 or 5 years old....maybe older?

the kong fui opened in june 2010 and is still not quite 100% stocked and has a limited meat and deli section. i think that the poster was mistaken by calling kong fui the "new lings".

the "to be named later" grocery store that is to be built on the hunk of land where adventure once stood is no where near complete.......the building has not yet begun and there are just big dirt piles there.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    the "new lings" is now about 4 or 5 years old....maybe older?

the kong fui opened in june 2010 and is still not quite 100% stocked and has a limited meat and deli section. i think that the poster was mistaken by calling kong fui the "new lings".

the "to be named later" grocery store that is to be built on the hunk of land where adventure once stood is no where near complete.......the building has not yet begun and there are just big dirt piles there.
    The grocery store to be built on the land where the mini-golf/Black Hog Saloon was stood will be a Super Foods.
    ~Amy~

30th trip to Aruba: April 2014
    16 days in Rome/Southern Italy: Aug. 2014
    31st trip to Aruba: Nov. 2014

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast