Aruba Beach
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: New Super Food grocery store

Aruba since 1979
    unsure where your coworker got her/his info but there are areas where upwards of 55 mph are pretty frequent and legal. there are those that speed, to excess!

40 minutes from palm beach to san nic is probably the norm in normal traffic.
    we always allow upwards of an hour to get from eagle beach to baby beach, although it is usually 45 min.

if you have questions/concerns and want to discuss traffic etc...start a thread in getting around aruba category

.QUOTE=pbumbaca;231431]I thought there were no speed limits over 40 in Aruba? Are the roads bad down there? A co-worker told me everyone drives really slow and I'm reading it takes 40-45 minutes to get from Palm Beach to Baby Beach and I thought the island was only like 15 miles long so why is that?

And I know that's way off topic regarding a supermarket but not really hence the quote! [/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by pbumbaca View Post
    I thought there were no speed limits over 40 in Aruba? Are the roads bad down there? A co-worker told me everyone drives really slow and I'm reading it takes 40-45 minutes to get from Palm Beach to Baby Beach and I thought the island was only like 15 miles long so why is that?

And I know that's way off topic regarding a supermarket but not really hence the quote!
    "Aruba Maps http://www.aruba.com/traveltoaruba/maps.aspx
    Our beautiful island of Aruba is located in the very heart of the southern Caribbean, 15 miles off the coast of Venezuela. Itís 19.6 miles long and 6 miles across at its widest point, with a total area of approximately 70 square miles."

Some people drive VERY fast. The main highway between Oranjestad and San Nicolas is only two lanes. It challenges those who are less patient to try to pass when and where they shouldn't.

Most of the consumption of time in getting from Palm Beach to anywhere south which includes going through Oranjestad, such as Baby beach, is due to the almost gridlock traffic in downtown Oranjestad. Experienced Aruban traffic drivers know how to get around the traffic. I am amazed at the winding circuit they take around the traffic

There are also a couple of roundabouts along the route between Palm beach and Baby beach where the traffic does sometimes back up. Now also there is construction going on outside the entrance to the airport. It will be worse before it gets better.

What's New in Aruba

Has the Kong supermarket opened yet. That's the new one being built where the Black Hog (sic) was.

It is not a Kong market but a Super Foods. It will open probably sometime between the end of September and the end of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by arubadean44 View Post
    Has the Kong supermarket opened yet. That's the new one being built where the Black Hog (sic) was.
    There is a map here
    New Super Food grocery store

http://www.superfoodonthemove.com/

Mango Halto, East Coast jeep riding, Palm Beach
    Going down for Thanksgiving. Do you think new Superfoods will be open.

Aruba since 1979
    http://www.superfoodonthemove.com/?page_id=9...per their website (click link) they have 57 days to go
    Quote Originally Posted by Trip-planner View Post
    Going down for Thanksgiving. Do you think new Superfoods will be open.

New store

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    http://www.superfoodonthemove.com/?page_id=9...per their website (click link) they have 57 days to go

Andrea

Each time I drive by I have a chuckle. How many countries have a supermarket larger that their airport terminal??? (lol)

J

Aruba since 1979
    ya no kiddin!

I guess it still hasn't opened. They work on Island Time. LOL

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast