Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Palm beach?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    10

    Palm beach?

    Is there shoppig here and what kind , coning on a cruise next week so just wondered where the main area is if i get in a taxi do i just say palm beach and they drop u at the main bit as i read its 2 miles long? Also how much is a taxo from port and how long does it take?

  2. #2
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,906
    welcome to the forum!!

    $11 is the one way cab fare
    10 minute ride or less

    yes there are a couple of malls up in the palm beach are....plenty of shopping!

    the cabs will be lined up once you disembark your ship.

    ask to get off at the playa linda or the hyatt

    Quote Originally Posted by phil2 View Post
    Is there shoppig here and what kind , coning on a cruise next week so just wondered where the main area is if i get in a taxi do i just say palm beach and they drop u at the main bit as i read its 2 miles long? Also how much is a taxo from port and how long does it take?

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    10
    Thanks , and. Is There all hotels there too alwhich is better to get off at out of those two?

  4. #4
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,906
    either one
    when you get there, you will be inundated with shopping choices as well as many restaurants

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    10
    sounds fab, going to go there in morning i think as sometimes clouds over in afternoon, then shop in oranjestad afternoon :d

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Hyatt casino
    Posts
    15
    many of the stores in somee of the palm beach malls do not open until evening. plenty of shopping within walking distance of the ships

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    10
    Yes we fancied both palm beach morning oranjested afternoon , renassince
    Mall is opposite the port isnt it? Plus where about is the hard rock cafe on palm beach that will be open wont it where should i get off for that? Thanks

  8. #8
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,906
    yes renaissance mall is across from the port.

    hard rock is on the side of the street (perpendicular side street) from the hotels.
    as you walk around the palm beach/hi rise area, the hotels/resorts will be on one side of the street and all of the shopping/restaurants across.

    going to look around to find a map and i will come back and link it on this post.

    http://www.aruba.com/thingstodo/shopping.aspx
    scroll down to HI RISE
    to PASEO HERENCIA and click
    and then click the map on the left to enlarge.
    it will give you a better picture of the area
    Quote Originally Posted by phil2 View Post
    Yes we fancied both palm beach morning oranjested afternoon , renassince
    Mall is opposite the port isnt it? Plus where about is the hard rock cafe on palm beach that will be open wont it where should i get off for that? Thanks
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 11-17-2011 at 09:36 AM.

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    10
    Thanks, that great so will i be able to find the hard rock easy enough if i font have a map , is it visable from the shops and restraunts etc

  10. #10
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,906
    yes indeed is visible
    Quote Originally Posted by phil2 View Post
    Thanks, that great so will i be able to find the hard rock easy enough if i font have a map , is it visable from the shops and restraunts etc

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO