Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Palm Beach Plaza Mall

Just what we need up there more traffic. We have been going to aruba for 3 weeks in february since 1987. If we wanted ny ny or south beach we would go there instead. With everything at one end they must be careful the island does not tip. Does anyone think about the infrastructure? Aruba looses more of its character. When will they wake up just because you build does not mean people will come.

We totally agree. Just got back last Saturday and went up to Palm Beach and it was packed.

Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    IMOP the Renn. marketplace is a big missed opportunity. It they posistion that area right they could grab all the cruise people..it needs to be a fun place and a destination place. My ideas; live bands, bar hopping etc...( yah, in my dreams)

Exactly. I'm looking to open a venue that's fun for everyone without the need to go downtown....

How do you find out about vacancies in the shopping center?

Last edited by Arubalisa; 08-21-2009 at 01:07 PM.

[quote=Andrea J.;149213]i hate to see the downtown shopping dying a slow death.
    o'stad is such a nice place.
    quote]

I agree. I would rather walk up the streets to shop than go to these new Malls.

No locals, no character.
    Eagle Beach Boy
    Ontario, Canada

Aruba since 1979
    exactly right EBB

:-(

andrea

Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    IMOP the Renn. marketplace is a big missed opportunity. It they posistion that area right they could grab all the cruise people..it needs to be a fun place and a destination place. My ideas; live bands, bar hopping etc...( yah, in my dreams)
    We used to love to go downtown to shop at those cute little stores with great tourist junk in them...now all it is is..HIGH END JUNK... do not need to go to Aruba to buy Tommy H, etc,,,go to Aruba for vacation away from all that crap...

Ohoh...guess you guys just saw a bit of my dark side....I hate shopping and hate the way they ruined downtown....oh well, will just have to spend more time at the pool bar....WHOOPIE !!!!!
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Quote Originally Posted by danadog56 View Post
    do not need to go to Aruba to buy Tommy H, etc,,,go to Aruba for vacation away from all that crap...
    By the sounds of it, this new mall, Palm Beach Plaza, will be just more of the same of that. I am with you. After working in retail a number of years, shopping is the least of my passions anyway, never mind the high end kind.

oh well, will just have to spend more time at the pool bar....WHOOPIE !!!!!
    That's the spirit!

The only reason I go to Palm beach is to catch the dive boat or if my wife wants to hit one of the restaurants. This may cut down on the restaurant trips.

Where exactly is the palm beach plaza mall??

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast