Aruba Beach
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Price smart shopping

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    No charge; only the 10%.

Quote Originally Posted by slpetty View Post
    Question for anyone whom may have done a recent price check on beer. Does the 10% surcharge at PriceSmart eliminate the cost advantage compared to a Save-a-Lot or Ling's?
    Thank you.
    In my opinion, yes, that's why we signed up for a membership. We are on the island often enough and long enough for it to make sense.
    TRIP 15 OCTOBER 2018

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.

I emailed PriceSmart about the 10% surcharge day pass. The answer was interesting. There is no 10% day pass. However, if you get a regular membership, you can ask for a refund of the months not used at the end of your visit. This actually has you making out better than with a 10% surcharge (depending on how much you spend). I would be interested if someone in the group can actually verify this in the store itself.
    Next Aruba trip in

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jbrid23456 View Post
    I emailed PriceSmart about the 10% surcharge day pass. The answer was interesting. There is no 10% day pass. However, if you get a regular membership, you can ask for a refund of the months not used at the end of your visit. This actually has you making out better than with a 10% surcharge (depending on how much you spend). I would be interested if someone in the group can actually verify this in the store itself.
    Yes it's correct of what you were told. The annual membership is $37. which is $3.0833 a month. If you cancel the membership after your stay of a month or less you receive a refund of approx. $33.90. Seems to me that they made more money with the 10% surcharge than $3.08 a month. Though I wouldn't take the time to go back to the store to get a refund. Wonder if you can buy the membership, buy your groceries/liquor, etc and get the refund on the same day.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234