Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 49
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Price Smart Versus Lings - Liquor Price Comparison

  1. #11
    Super Moderator Jacki's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    5,832
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    What a nice job comparing prices!! I believe this is the first post I have ever cut, pasted and put straight into my Aruba folder. Is there a residency requirement for membership to Price Smart?
    According to their website membership is international so I would think there is no residency requirement:

    Your membership is international and you can use it in any of the 12 countries and one U.S. territory where we operate (the number of clubs in each country is in parentheses): Colombia (5), Costa Rica (6), El Salvador (2), Guatemala (3), Honduras (2), Nicaragua (1), Panama (4), Aruba (1), Barbados (1), Dominican Republic (3), Jamaica (1), Trinidad and Tobago (4), U.S. Virgin Islands (1)
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

  2. #12
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,884
    Nope
    one does not need residency.

  3. #13
    Member slpetty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Palm Beach. Eagle Beach. Baby beach. Moombas. Bugaloe. Piano bar.
    Posts
    55
    I'm curious if there still is a one-day membership, as was in the past? I couldn't find that info on their website.

    -Steve

  4. #14
    Senior Member act1966's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    In the pool.
    Posts
    2,481
    Can anybody comment on the prices of US Duty Free relative to Price Smart? Even if you only know the price of one particular item (please be Patron... please be Patron...).

  5. #15
    Senior Member act1966's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    In the pool.
    Posts
    2,481
    Some more pricing info from Price Smart - all prices are Florins (divide by 1.75 to get USD):

    Beer

    Balashi Beer - 24 pk (236 ml/8 oz) --> 47.95
    Balashi Chill - 24 pk (236 ml/8 oz) --> 54.95
    Amstel Bright - 24 pk (275 ml) --> 72.95
    Polar Beer - 24 pk (207 ml/7 oz) --> 53.95
    Presidente Beer - 24 pk (207 ml/7 oz) --> 51.95
    Presidente LIGHT Beer - 24 pk (207 ml/7 oz) --> 51.95
    Guiness Extra Stout - 24 pk - 12 oz --> 75.95
    Bud Lite - 24 pk (207 ml/7 oz) --> 57.50
    Budweiser - 24 pk (207 ml/7 oz) --> 56.95 (not sure why the light version is more expensive)
    Heineken - 24 pk - 250 ml --> 67.95

    Champagne

    Moet & Chandon ROSE Imperial - 750 ml --> 97.95
    Moet & Chandon BRUT Imperial - 750 ml --> 69.95
    Veuve Cliquot DEMI SEC - 750 ml --> 72.95

    Hard Stuff

    Bacardi Superior Rum - 1 liter --> 38.95
    Absolut Vodka - 1 liter --> 44.95
    Patron Silver - 750 ml --> 54.95
    Cointreau - 1 liter --> 49.95

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Posts
    2,059
    well i can tell you one thing, the price for Patron is a good price.

  7. #17
    Senior Member act1966's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    In the pool.
    Posts
    2,481
    Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    well i can tell you one thing, the price for Patron is a good price.
    Yes, definitely. It beats duty free pricing (at Queen Beatrix) as well.

  8. #18
    Senior Member Traceyd14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Under a palapa on Palm beach
    Posts
    3,491
    Thanks for posting. The thought of paying anywhere near that for Bud Light makes me cringe, yet we do it every time
    Not sure when, but we will be back

  9. #19
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,884
    thanks!!
    many will now be able to see the benefits of price smart membership

    and the beer.....teeney tiny cans/bottles

    Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    Some more pricing info from Price Smart - all prices are Florins (divide by 1.75 to get USD):

    Beer

    Balashi Beer - 24 pk (236 ml/8 oz) --> 47.95
    Balashi Chill - 24 pk (236 ml/8 oz) --> 54.95
    Amstel Bright - 24 pk (275 ml) --> 72.95
    Polar Beer - 24 pk (207 ml/7 oz) --> 53.95
    Presidente Beer - 24 pk (207 ml/7 oz) --> 51.95
    Presidente LIGHT Beer - 24 pk (207 ml/7 oz) --> 51.95
    Guiness Extra Stout - 24 pk - 12 oz --> 75.95
    Bud Lite - 24 pk (207 ml/7 oz) --> 57.50
    Budweiser - 24 pk (207 ml/7 oz) --> 56.95 (not sure why the light version is more expensive)
    Heineken - 24 pk - 250 ml --> 67.95

    Champagne

    Moet & Chandon ROSE Imperial - 750 ml --> 97.95
    Moet & Chandon BRUT Imperial - 750 ml --> 69.95
    Veuve Cliquot DEMI SEC - 750 ml --> 72.95

    Hard Stuff

    Bacardi Superior Rum - 1 liter --> 38.95
    Absolut Vodka - 1 liter --> 44.95
    Patron Silver - 750 ml --> 54.95
    Cointreau - 1 liter --> 49.95

  10. #20
    Senior Member act1966's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    In the pool.
    Posts
    2,481
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    thanks!!
    many will now be able to see the benefits of price smart membership

    and the beer.....teeney tiny cans/bottles
    Seriously - those sizes are ridiculous relative to Canadian beer bottles... it's like you're doing beer shooters!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO