Aruba Beach
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Squan66

Thread: pricesmart

pricesmart

hey there was on pricesmart facebook and saw someone asking about the one day free pass? the reply had been no does anyone else know if these are still available also am arriving for 2 week stay Jan1 how does online lings grocery work so limited choices? I know they are open to 6 pm that day but it will be tight to make it arrviing 3 pm. 4th trip to island renting a house this time can't wait
    cheers from beautiful Vancouver Island BC

Aruba since 1979
    Price smart shopping
    click on above link

on page 2 of that thread, a forum member says they no longer accept day passes.

i am moving this thread to the "shopping" category.

vancouver island bc...........beautiful area of the world.

QUOTE=maddog;251999]hey there was on pricesmart facebook and saw someone asking about the one day free pass? the reply had been no does anyone else know if these are still available also am arriving for 2 week stay Jan1 how does online lings grocery work so limited choices? I know they are open to 6 pm that day but it will be tight to make it arrviing 3 pm. 4th trip to island renting a house this time can't wait
    cheers from beautiful Vancouver Island BC[/QUOTE]

wow you are maximum efficient on the response ! ok thanks apparently I didnt read the second page lol love all your tips have been reading them for years,

Aruba since 1979
    Ling and sons
    check out above thread for talk of online Lings shopping

i could not find their holiday hours of operation on their website.
    could you provide a facebook link or www link?

if they are open til 6 on the day that you arrive...............you could stop and get some supplies on the way from the airport to your rental home.
    assuming that you land on time and allowing an hour (more than enough) to get thru immigration and luggage. you can be at lings pretty quickly!!
    you will have a rental car?

my big concern with ordering online and having groceries delivered is REFRIGERATION for perishables. ??

QUOTE=maddog;251999]hey there was on pricesmart facebook and saw someone asking about the one day free pass? the reply had been no does anyone else know if these are still available also am arriving for 2 week stay Jan1 how does online lings grocery work so limited choices? I know they are open to 6 pm that day but it will be tight to make it arrviing 3 pm. 4th trip to island renting a house this time can't wait
    cheers from beautiful Vancouver Island BC[/QUOTE]

i gave them a quick call and they are open 12-6 on new years day, lings does have facebook im not sure how to attach link Ill ask my teens when they wake up though lol we do have a rental car unfortunately there was a mix up with Hans and we had to rent from payless last minute 2 weeks ago got one of their last cars tiny for the 4 of us although my husband says he'll fit it all in I think we will be like clowns in a clown car haha, the fellow who looks after the house has offered to pick up our groceries for us and put them in the house so that wont be a problem with refridgeration, but perhaps we will make it to store before 6

just got this answer back from pricesmart on my facebook thought Id share PriceSmart Aruba Good morning Katie,
    Thank you for contacting us.
    Temporary pass is 10% surcharge on your total purchase for visitors.
    You need to present your passport at the Club to get a one day pass.
    Let us know if you have any other questions,
    The PriceSmart Team

Aruba since 1979
    Well good news that price smart is accepting day passes. Thanks for official word. And thanks for the compliments re this forum. We all try hard and it is a great combination of members helping each other with helpful tips!!

We love shopping at the Price-smart. My sister and I were able to split the membership (they give you 2 cards).i believe we paid about $18 each. There are restaurant discounts available to Price smart cardholders. You can find them on their website under the Advantages program.

Aruba since 1979
    thanks for the info re: splitting a membership and the advantage program that they offer.
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum!
    Quote Originally Posted by Squan66 View Post
    We love shopping at the Price-smart. My sister and I were able to split the membership (they give you 2 cards).i believe we paid about $18 each. There are restaurant discounts available to Price smart cardholders. You can find them on their website under the Advantages program.