pier
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Question about grocery/beer stores

Cheap beer/liquor in Aruba

Can anyone tell me where I can buy liquor and beer. Staying at Mariott and need to do a "pit stop" from airport. Thanks.. you guys have been absolutly awesome on this site with many ideas for my first trip. From the sounds of it... it probably won't be my last!!

Grocery stores

http://www.lingandsons.com/

It is about half way between the airport and Marriott. There are a few stores within that area all walking distance. Everyone has their favorites. Some of cheaper than others, some have better selection. Really just personal preference.

I agree with Lisa.

Have shopped for liquor many times....eventually settled on Ling for both selection and price for what I buy on island.

Carry what I can from duty free leaving US, however. Save $10 per liter....one per person allowed.
    ........with CindyO and daughters
    Annual Aruba visits since 1997....September 2014 and New Year 2015 are next

I change planes in Atlanta.. I can hit the duty free store there? But how can you take it on plane with the new security and 3 oz limit?

Yes, you can carry on the alcohol. The "no liquid, 3 oz. rule" applies to going through the security checkpoint. You will not have to go through security in Atlanta unless you venture out of the terminal area.

So, purchasing the duty free will depend upon your layover time, the time of day and terminal of arrival and departure.

Duty Free Terminal E Centerpoint Hours: 7 a.m. - 10 p.m.
    Duty Free Terminal T 5 Hours: 8 a.m. - 10 p.m.

The two terminals are at the opposite ends of the airport. In order they are T, a, b, c, d, e. If you are using Delta, they for the most part use only A & B. http://www.atlanta-airport.com/Passenger/Terminal/ maps

You are the best!

Prices at the store in the Palmera building are very good. Great people and their rum is excellent.
    http://www.rumpalmera.com/home.html

Rum is good.... actually it's all good while you are on vacation! Thanks

Great information again as we are flying into ATL for a short stop. Thanks !!!
    !
    Kisha

Aruba trip in

Aruba since 1979
    i know folks are telling you about duty free and that is good.
    paul and i have brought liquor into aruba wrapped in bubble wrap in our checked luggage.
    (sometimes we do not bring checked luggage, but when we do there are always a couple or 3 bottles wrapped in bubble wrap. this last trip KAHLUA and VODKA and BAILEYS. we have done this numerous times, never had a problem with breakage and anything.
    just a thought if u have room - booze at home- and -bubblewrap.
    Quote Originally Posted by DSL24 View Post
    Can anyone tell me where I can buy liquor and beer. Staying at Mariott and need to do a "pit stop" from airport. Thanks.. you guys have been absolutly awesome on this site with many ideas for my first trip. From the sounds of it... it probably won't be my last!!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast