Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Question about grocery/beer stores

The beach at Andicuri, Beach Bar at the Westin, Sopranos Piano Bar, Downtown Shopping
    If you need to make an emergency booze run during the week there is a small store next to Wendy's called Stop & Shop down the street from the Mariott. Very clean, we go there a lot from the Westin.

thanks all for the advice!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    i know folks are telling you about duty free and that is good.
    paul and i have brought liquor into aruba wrapped in bubble wrap in our checked luggage.
    (sometimes we do not bring checked luggage, but when we do there are always a couple or 3 bottles wrapped in bubble wrap. this last trip KAHLUA and VODKA and BAILEYS. we have done this numerous times, never had a problem with breakage and anything.
    just a thought if u have room - booze at home- and -bubblewrap.
    Thanks for the tip, Andrea.

I think we are going to try to bring a couple of bottles this time. The prices at our local Costco are so reasonable...and we'll have room in our bags.

Note to DH....pick up some bubble wrap

Can anyone tell me where a store is near the Radisson to buy some Milk , Juice and Balashi beer? I rather do it once I get thee, but I was able to find out that Ling does deliver to the Radisson, and I can set it up online before I go, but we are going for Easter, and Im not sure how to coordinate the "delivery" time" and I want to ensure we have the mini fridge in our room first, and see what kind of room we are dealing with.

Aruba since 1979
    another thought
    you could take large 1 litre plastic water bottles and fill them with your alcoholic beverages..... make sure that you label them. pack them in your checked luggage don't have to worry about bubble wrap, just cushion them with clothing.
    suffice it to say cap on tight.

Quote Originally Posted by felle442 View Post
    Thanks for the tip, Andrea.

I think we are going to try to bring a couple of bottles this time. The prices at our local Costco are so reasonable...and we'll have room in our bags.

Note to DH....pick up some bubble wrap

Quote Originally Posted by sbardolf View Post
    Can anyone tell me where a store is near the Radisson to buy some Milk , Juice and Balashi beer?
    Within walking distance, there is a mini-market at the Playa Linda for milk and juice.
    For alcohol there is http://shopngoaruba.com/
    There is also a Sundries shop right there at the Radisson. Not sure if they sell Milk though.

The beach at Andicuri, Beach Bar at the Westin, Sopranos Piano Bar, Downtown Shopping
    There is a mini-mart at the Westin also that has alcohol

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    another thought
    you could take large 1 litre plastic water bottles and fill them with your alcoholic beverages..... make sure that you label them. pack them in your checked luggage don't have to worry about bubble wrap, just cushion them with clothing.
    suffice it to say cap on tight.
    Thanks Andrea. I like that idea.... and no worries about glass bottles.

FYI:
    Do not expect to pick up Balashi at the duty free store. When I passed through there yesterday, there was no Balashi and it looked like they were selling off the last of their brights.

Aruba since 1979
    then i suppose folks will have to pick it up at the grocery stores and pack in their checked luggage

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast